Add categories

Browse categories and add by clicking on them

You can remove current categories below by clicking the ‘x’.

There are no categories assigned yet.

stumbler
4 years ago

@jdd0310 , Baclofen is usually prescribed to address spasms and spasticity.

The following article may be useful to you:-
http://www.mstrust.org.uk/information/publications/factsheets/spasticity.jsp

And, this page will provide some specific information :- http://www.mstrust.org.uk/atoz/baclofen.jsp

Also, use the forum search facility (the magnifying glass, top left) to find previous discussions. 😉

graham100
4 years ago

I was told only yesterday that I should not take baclofen, it’s a dirty drug that causes weekness to several parts of the body, there are newer drugs that are better apparently, this came from a nuro person at a new therapy center I went too,, wish I had been told that 2yrs ago before my stomach muscles stopped working so too the legs. Your choice, check it out properly, don’t just take anything because they tell you too, lots of people find that out,, too late? Good luck with all your tretment. I tried a decompression chamber yesterday, that was strange, going again tomorrow.

graham100
4 years ago

Forgot to say. Sativex is the stuff, my nurologist said she loved that drug it’s brilliant in her opinion and would give me a prescription instantly,, but it’s not on nhs, in uk. So private?? £350 to £500. Iv read? It Lasts 6weeks.so I’m afraid I can’t afford that. Who said health is better than wealth?? It’s right till your ill. Lol

stumbler
4 years ago

rose54
4 years ago

I take baclofen, I was given a year ago when they were treating me for lupus and fibro related pain. However, as I found out I have ms it has helped with spasms and muscle tightness, I cannot go without it now. I don’t know if that is good thing, but I am finding out that the ms will always be there and basically we are taking things to alleviate the symptoms of the underlying disease. So, I am okay with it for now until my neuro prescribes something new, I see him next week. I am newly diagnosed and it is taken a while to get treatment.

graham100
4 years ago

Hi rose54. If you have not noticed your condition worsened and you are taking no more than 20mg per day? Good for you.

us-emma
4 years ago

I never had much luck with Baclofen.

Initially I saw amazing improvement early in my disease with very low dose Clonazepam .25mg in the morning. Over time I had to increase that to 1mg.

I found Tizanidine 8-12mg works best for spasms but is so sedating I only take it at night.

At one time I was on these two Clonazepam 1mg in the AM, Flexeril 10-30mg during the day and Tizanidine 12mg at bedtime.

I had Lemtrada treatment earlier this year. It has reversed many of my MS symptoms. I only take .5mg Clonazepam in AM and 8mg Tizanidine at bedtime. I should be off the Clonazepam next week.

rose54
4 years ago

Hi Graham, I am taking 15 mgs currently. I forgot to take my afternoon dose and wow was that a mistake! I started tremoring and felt so awful. I broke out in a sweat, had the jittery feeling all over and felt like my legs were going out from under me. I will not forget that again.

rose54
4 years ago

Hi Emma, Thanks for the info, we all respond differently, but I am going to take the information you gave and see if my neuro thinks any one of thost combination will help. Right now I am having to take the baclofen because that is all I have until my next appointment. If there is something better I am willing to try it. Curcumin is working pretty well but I do need something that works well for these tremors.

Join Shift.ms to reply to this post.

Become part of the community so you can chat, compare and learn from other MSers.