Last reply 1 month ago
Baclofen

Hi there, is anyone currently on Baclofen for spasticity? and if so how you getting on with it, does anyone get any side affects

Add categories

Browse categories and add by clicking on them

You can remove current categories below by clicking the ‘x’.

There are no categories assigned yet.

peterfrancis
1 month ago

@queenjc6552

Hi queenjc

I take 1 Baclofen pill per day along with 5 Gabapentin.

The only side effect I’ve noticed is that I am a lot more drowsy than usual.

Whether that’s the medication or simply the progression of MS, not sure.

queenjc6552
1 month ago

Hi there Peter, thanx for your reply.

Have you noticed any improvement with your MS symptoms? I am currently on 1 Baclofen per day too but hasn’t done much for my spasticity only getting the drowysness which I believe is a common side affect.

Have you experienced any weight gain with the Gabapentin?

Anonymous
1 month ago

I was given Baclofen a few years back, no side effects and it didn’t stop the ‘riverdance’ and they had me on Clonazepam and same with that no side effects and didn’t work. We’re all different so you might get some help from it.

mlgilber1
1 month ago

I’m on baclofen as well. I take 2 a day and the max dosage of gabapentin (9 pills a day) and neither do anything for me and yes I’ve experienced the weight gain on gabapentin. They are thinking of switching me to lyrica, but that has a higher chance for weight gain and I’ll be asking if we can also switch the baclofen during next appointment. I haven’t had any side effects from the baclofen. Best of luck!

peterfrancis
1 month ago

@queenjc6552

I have noticed minimal improvement in Spasticity, it still happens just not as frequent as it once was. My legs feel incredibly heavy in the mornings and are very stiff, takes a good hour or so for them loosen up, then they loosen up too much.

My weight fluctuates up and down a lot, I have Type 1 Diabetes too as well as SPMS so weight gain and loss is almost natural you could say.

Whether the Baclofen plays any part, I don’t know.

queenjc6552
1 month ago

Thanx everyone for your replies.

Been on Baclofen for about a year now & been slowly reducing as all it seems to do is give nasty side affects like weight gain & drowysness.

Would be great if there was a more affective drug available to treat spasticity as is very difficult to live with

billkittens
1 month ago

From what I gather, baclofen is the best of a bad bunch when it comes to anti-spasticity pills….

Baclofen Pump gets talked up

As does Sativex – medical marijuana

Though I don’t fancy either… I may be missing out on something… Good luck

mlgilber1
1 month ago

@billkittens My doctor has mentioned the pain pump for baclofen or morphine. I’m kind of scared to get it so young though. I’ve tried plenty of medical marijuana, but have had no luck either and don’t always like the high. I’ve also tried cbd patches with no luck.

gypsyrose
1 month ago

Hi @queenjc6552 im on baclofen 1 tablet 3 times a day.
The only thing i seem to have a problem with feeling tired but not sure if it is recovery from recently relapes.
But still not offically yet diagnosed with MS.

billkittens
1 month ago

@mlgilbert

I understand the pump is simple to implant in your body and provides good steady release of baclofen,

which will certainly help people who can’t tolerate effects of high dosage.

If you’re on 20mg you’d get fewer if any side effects

Compared if you’re on max recommend 80-100mg, as you’d appreciate.

Your experience of marijuana-based medication reinforces my view that I don’t want anything affecting my cognition levels… Making me drowsy etc

Baclofen is a very old drug and first line of attack used… at least it’s not addictive ; and u can vary medication levels simply enough

So has been my experience anyway! And of course doctors guidance etc..,,

Crack cocaine is my go to drug anyway 🙂

Join Shift.ms to reply to this post.

Become part of the community so you can chat, compare and learn from other MSers.