Last reply 5 months ago
Back in the ms game…

So I was finally diagnosed with rrm ms just after after I was pregnant with my second child last year after issues over many years. I had my baby six weeks ago and have been fine all through my pregnancy but today I had a bit of a blip… lost the sight in my eye, numb lips and face, pins and needles in my hand and unable to speak or properly communicate for about a hour! I feel normal now, just a bit of a head ache. My question is what should I do? Being the weekend I won’t be able to get hold of my ms nurse but wondered wether I should email her and let her know?!! We were going to review medication and further scans etc this year but I’m just wondering what’s best too do? Was so scary after having no issues for over a year!

Add categories

Browse categories and add by clicking on them

You can remove current categories below by clicking the ‘x’.

vixen
8 months ago

Hello you, well first, congrats on your new baby. Sorry you are struggling with your health. I think I would strongly advise that you should maybe pop to your A and E. The main thing will be to rule out having a simple infection; having had a baby recently it could be a post natal type of infection that has triggered a mini relapse. Please don’t leave it to chance; if it is an infection it’s easily fixed. Or you could maybe call the NHS helpline (is it 111?) it’s gonna be fine, but you need to make sure your health is priority at the moment, your baby needs you! PleSe can you post again how you get on? What a start to the New Year for you! X

stumbler
8 months ago

@ghodder , good advice from @vixen above.

Yes, your baby is the priority. You need to understand what’s going on, so that you can get it resolved quickly.

Yes, it could be an infection causing a “pseudo-exacerbation” But, it could also be a post-natal relapse. The hormonal changes during pregnancy protect you from any MS activity. However, as your hormones return to normal levels, you are more vulnerable to a relapse.

Identifying this is key, so that some appropriate treatment can be considered to bring this unwelcome activity to a quick conclusion.

helpjodxx
5 months ago

How did u get on? X

Join Shift.ms to reply to this post.

Become part of the community so you can chat, compare and learn from other MSers.