Last reply 1 year ago
Back in the house!

Hi,
I have decided to try this again, as nobody outside this understands MS. Isolation is my “reward”. I would like to talk to others who understand MS, and the trials of living with it.
Any advice on how to stave off the isolation?
Thanks,
Dan

Add categories

Browse categories and add by clicking on them

You can remove current categories below by clicking the ‘x’.

There are no categories assigned yet.

Anonymous
1 year ago

Hi @catman3rd

you’re right no many outside our world understand MS

but once I starting talking openly about my MS I found locally there was a few others
who we have regular bitchin sessions & obviously there is this lot too,

onl you can choose to be as isolated or as involved as you want to be, & that’s anywhere

stumbler
1 year ago

@catman3rd , @tog1 is right, MS can be isolating, but it’s only as isolating as we allow it to be.

Have a look here and see what is going on in the MS world in your locality:-

https://www.mssociety.org.uk/near-me

doubleo7hud
1 year ago

After acting like a clown for a couple of weeks and running out of stupid excuses why I walk like a constipated penguin I have found honesty is the best policy. Im out of the ms closet and talk about it openly to anyone that asks. Try it talking helps a lot and laughing at myself too. Don’t take yourself too seriously and take things in your stride. I also find being a simpleton helps 😉

skippysprite
1 year ago

Ms can be very lonely and isolating as “normal” people don’t understand, I find it hard enough sometimes, even though it has been with me for years.

If you have a local ms group meeting regularly, that maybe a way of meeting new people, if you have an ms nurse they Would know where they meet.

Wishing you all the best.

Pam x

cameron
1 year ago

I find it useful to read the posts here regularly, because it puts my own situation into a wider context. I occasionally find hints and tips which I can use directly. Reading what other people are going through reminds me that there are lots of MS issues that don’t affect me and I can be grateful for that. Thirdly, I make the reading of shift plus the reading of the Barts MS-research blog part of my coping mechanism: it’s the only time in the day when I allow myself to think MS – positively concentrate on it, in fact! Once the info is digested and responded to, I get on with daily living and the MS is where it belongs – in its box. xx

shazzyp
1 year ago

I’m new to this, but have found reading the posts to be great at making me feel less isolated or “odd”. Just being able to talk(post) with people who do understand what having MS feels like is a huge plus.

Post Comment

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.