Last reply 4 years ago
Back from japan xx

Hi all

I’m back from Japan and it was amazing, loved every minute. If you had asked me in march when I was diagnosed and lying in a hospital bed unable to move my left arm or leg if I ever thought I would manage to go abroad, the answer would of been no, and a lot of crying 🙂 but I managed to walk all day around different parts of japan and even up Mount Fuji (not to top cause I’m not a trained climber) lol but was so fabulous I loved it. Felt like I didn’t have a care in the world. Well except my straightners didn’t work so hair was a bit manic lol.
Just wanted to post this to let you all know that anything is possible. We shouldn’t let ms stop us doing anything. It’s all possible we just have to stay positive and fight fight fight 🙂

Xx

Add categories

Browse categories and add by clicking on them

You can remove current categories below by clicking the ‘x’.

lina
4 years ago

Well done @Hannah05 looks like you had a great time glad you enjoyed your time abroad

Lina

hannah015
4 years ago

Thanks @lina, it was so amazing x

stumbler
4 years ago

Good on you, @hannah015 . Glad you had a great time. 😀

hannah015
4 years ago

Thank you @stumbler

jman
4 years ago

Bravo… Now.. WE WANT TO SEE.. The Wild Hair Pictures 😀

Sounds like a fantastic adventure:)

cameron
4 years ago

So – the only question is, where now?! xx

hannah015
4 years ago

Lol @jman if I could figure out how to post pictures on here from my phone I would share some photos

hannah015
4 years ago

@cameron, I think Australia next 🙂 waiting to have Lemtrada treatment first though unfortunately.

Anonymous
4 years ago

Hello. Greeting from Tokyo,Japan. I am a british MS sufferer living in Tokyo trying to survive, live, and work in Japan. Although living here in Japan does throw up many challenges. Moving around is not a problem. Food is wonderful as you well know and the people are very helpful. The hospitals are ok and are not too expensive. All neurologist train in the UK so they all know about MS.

hannah015
4 years ago

Hey @openminded

I went to Tokyo, absolutely amazing place, only got to spend 3 days there unfortunately before moved to hakone. Literally went everywhere. Never been anywhere so beautiful with such nice people and food. It’s so clean there too. Very lucky getting to live there.
Everywhere was amazing only problem I had was my tattoos, I wasn’t allowed in the onsen in hakone because of them, they weren’t rude I just didn’t know that the older generation see it as part of the mafia. I did manage to try an onsen spa when we stayed at a traditional Ryoken in Osaka. Interesting experience 🙂

edwardsummerfield
4 years ago

🙂 twas nice to read this given me a bit of a boost thanks a lot 🙂

hannah015
4 years ago

No problem @edwardsummerfield

Think it’s good to hear about positives. It gives us the boost we need to fulfill ambitions we thought wouldn’t be possible with ms. Cause they are

Keep smiling 🙂

stumbler
4 years ago

It’s nice to have you back, @hannah015 . If you’d like to go away again and come back with more positive thoughts………..lol! 😆

graham100
4 years ago

Hi Hannah. I so agree, even though I can’t really walk now I still go to Marbella,been twice since may and managed with a little help from friends,, talking about Maldives again Nxt year, last time we went about 3yrs ago it was all walking sandy paths,, so that will be a challenge. Lol.

stumbler
4 years ago

@graham100 , I’ve done the Maldives with a wheelchair in tow. It worked for me and the local staff will go out of their way to help you.

It’s a great holiday destination. There’s no compulsion to go and visit the local sites ‘cos there aren’t any. You just sit around, eat, drink and play in the water, whilst enjoying the best chill-out going. 😉

northernlass
4 years ago

Hi @hannah015 so glad to hear it all went well in Japan and you had a wonderful experience/adventure. Where to next then..? You could look up if there are any travel companies who would value your experience of a country with MS and see if they’d pay you for input about the place.. Best wishes
🙂

graham100
4 years ago

Thanks stumbler. As I said went to kuramathi, all loverly sandy paths 6 restaurants 2miles from end to end. Thinking might be a pain getting about.

hannah015
4 years ago

Lol @stumbler, I would love to go away again 🙂 but for now my mission is to get drs to let me go back to work 🙂

hannah015
4 years ago

Hi @graham100

Fair play to you, holidays are good, nice and relaxing and I it makes you realise how lucky you are to be able to go away. I loved mine, next Australia 🙂

hannah015
4 years ago

Hi @northernlass

Aww bless you thank you, it was literally the best place ever and I have been to a lot of places 🙂 would live there if I could. Australia next, hopefully get to tour around for few weeks but I have to have treatment soon hopefully, then fingers crossed back to work. Ooh that’s a really good idea I like it, thank you will look at that 🙂 hope you are ok xx

graham100
4 years ago

My daughter and her husband are off to Australia feb. 3weeks staying with family we have out there. I went 23yrs ago. Still remember bits.

Join Shift.ms to reply to this post.

Become part of the community so you can chat, compare and learn from other MSers.