Last reply 1 month ago
Aubagio Wash Out

What can I expect from the wash out after being on Aubagio?
Is it going to disrupt my life? Am I going to be running to the loo all day at work? Should I expect vomiting and diarrhoea?
Any advice welcome.

Add categories

Browse categories and add by clicking on them

You can remove current categories below by clicking the ‘x’.

stumbler
3 months ago

@emma-darl , I had a look for information on the wash-out requirements for Aubagio.

Any accounts of the wash-out process suggested it was well-tolerated, even though gastric problems were suggested.

spunky
3 months ago

Hi @emma-darl
I don’t have any experience with the washout but I am on Aubagio so would like to hear how it goes for you. Best of luck.

Spunky

emma-darl
2 months ago

Hey @spunky

I’ve just finished my wash out now. It wasn’t too bad. I was prescribed Colestyramine, a powder to be mixed with water and taken three times a day for 11 days – you can mix it with squash to make it taste better.

It was more gentle that I’d expected. And although I did find myself peeing more often, it didn’t effect my bowel movements (Yay!)

Hope this helps.

Emma

funnybank
1 month ago

I’ve been on aubagio for 4 weeks today. Can I ask why you needed the wash out, were your blood tests abnormal or side effects? There don’t seem to be many posts on aubagio to check on people’s experiences.

stumbler
1 month ago

@funnybank, there’s some details of the Aubagio washout here, with the reasons why it is desirable :-

https://www.aubagiohcp.com/content/pdf/drug_elimination_guide.pdf

Join Shift.ms to reply to this post.

Become part of the community so you can chat, compare and learn from other MSers.