Last reply 1 year ago
Aubagio symptoms

I have been on aubagio for 7 months now and I have had problems in the gut which includes diarrhoea, inconcience both bowel and bladder, and reflux. Now I have spoken to MS nurses and my neurologist, they all say it isn’t Aubagio but I think it is because I never had this before I started and one of the side affects is nausea. My hair has thinned a lot as well.

Has anyone else had these symptoms?

Add categories

Browse categories and add by clicking on them

You can remove current categories below by clicking the ‘x’.

spunky
1 year ago

Hi @lorag
I have been on Aubagio for 20 months. I don’t ever have nausea or diarrhea (unless I have alcohol) but my stool is much , much softer than before. As for the hair thinning it did all grow back in but months 4-7 were the worst for me for losing it.

Hang in there and hopefully things will get better.

molly89
1 year ago

I had a lot of issues at the start but actually I’m also at about 8 months now and things are MUCH better. I had some gut problems but I think it was caused by other things. Have minimized my dairy intake and things are so much better. The hair thinning was not a big thing and it seems to be back to normal now. I found taking it with a meal was much better than on its own. Hang in there. I never had nausea. I hope it improves for you.

lorag
1 year ago

Ok thanks for your story. I’ll keep going see if things get better.

spunky
1 year ago

@lorag
What time of day do you take it? I take it at 6pm. Possibly try changing the time that you take it? I also take iron pills which would help counteract any loose stool.

lorag
1 year ago

I take it at night around 5.30-6. I’ve decided today to stop taking it. I had a bad bowel incontience experience which is the last straw. I have reflux all time and my stool is lose or diarrhoea and can’t control it. It drains me a lot. It’s hard I work part-time and trying to find full-time. Can’t work and have this problem.

I am doing everything the nurse told me to do and take and still it’s not helping.

Join Shift.ms to reply to this post.

Become part of the community so you can chat, compare and learn from other MSers.