nutshell88 19/11/17
Last reply 5 months ago
are these signs or symptoms?

Hello all
I know no once can know for certain what is what with MS.
My neuros keeps asking me every time they see me if I got a symptom of any sort in my eyes and they tell me eyes matter are a serious whole thing separately. My brain is highly damaged and MS developed atrophy when I was 25.
My symptoms are so rare once every several yrs or so. And zim daignosed with MS 2005.
anyway I always answer my neuros no. I’ve never got any semptoms in my eyes But at times – i didnt tell neuros this part – when I come from outside wake up or do something quick or even eat one or two of my eyes get double visual snow that nearly blinds my eyes and fade my vision causing me lose of concentration I try to close my eyes do something slowly till it goes and it lasts 5 minutes or 10.
Do you thing its related to optic nerve?
Or even MS.

Mind you it happens mostly if i ignore food as always hehe im a ver bad eater. Meh πŸ˜”

Thanks a lot in advance x

Add categories

Browse categories and add by clicking on them

You can remove current categories below by clicking the β€˜x’.

Anonymous
5 months ago

@nutshell88 MS can affect the eyes, in fact double vision lead to my diagnosis in 2000. Optic neuritis is inflammation of the optic nerve & does affect those with MS

nutshell88
5 months ago

@craigsreddie It led to my daignose too I was in an exam and lost my sight in the right eye in 2005 but it never happened again I’m just paranoid maybe.

john-28
5 months ago

This led to my diagnosis where I had double vision in both eyes. Still get blurred vision in both eyes. Only recently lost vision in my left eye for about 30 mins bt came back after I sat down in relaxed for 5.

nutshell88
5 months ago

Yh its like that @john-28 nowdays. I lose 40% of vision suddenly vision ststic covers sight.
But for maximum 1 minutes.

Anonymous
5 months ago

@nutshell88 As with most MS symptoms once you’ve had them it plays s on your mind. 17 years later & I’ve not had double vision once – the neurologist usually checks my eyes ton my 6 monthly check up. Hope yours @john-28 eyes stay good πŸ™‚

All the best,
Craig

nutshell88
5 months ago

Thanks again john for taking time to reply on my question.
craigsreddie

Well a year after daignosed I got a condition called β€œ Keratoconus β€œ and its a progressive eye disease in which the normally round cornea thins and begins to bulge into a cone-like shape. This cone shape deflects light as it enters the eye on its way to the light-sensitive retina, causing distorted vision.

it took me 11 years to do a transplant so I did it last year. And I’m waiting for the right eye cornea to get worse to to do another transplant bored of hard lenses for years over my MS worries hehe
And double vision accured more than I can remember tbh but it takes a week or a week and a bit then it goes it only accures when i think of it haha 😨 like a ghost lol two yrs now since it happened. I used to not tell my neuro tell i got a shout from them saying its serious hehe

And You kinda scared me saying it needs 17 yrs or so to rebirth who can’t be named :p i hope it never come bk im living peacefully without MS synptoms thinking of the fact I have it is enough.

Anonymous
5 months ago

sorry @nutshell88 I didn’t mean to scare you. I meant 17 years after diagnosis my eyes are great & there’s never been a return of the symptoms that lead to my diagnosis πŸ˜‰

nutshell88
5 months ago

Thats great @craigsreddie my english isnt great i misundertood you.
I have MS 13 yrs and its pretty polite and calm.

Post Comment

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.