Last reply 6 years ago
Are there any fellow Irish people with MS here?

Just wondering because I don’t know anybody who has MS.

Add categories

Browse categories and add by clicking on them

You can remove current categories below by clicking the ‘x’.

There are no categories assigned yet.

kellainey
6 years ago

Hi Claire, I’m from Galway,living in London for 8 years. Been diagnosed with relapsing remitting MS 4 years. I’m currently having a relapse and starting on Avonex in the next few days. Read the BBC article yesterday and came on here straight after.

Lainey

lillylilly
6 years ago

Hiya Claire!!

I’m Irish!!!
I’m 29, and was diagnosed a year and a half ago.
Live in North Dublin 😀

tr909
6 years ago

Hi Claire! I’m from Mayo and have been living in London for 17 years and was diagnpsed 16 years ago 🙂

pebbles19
6 years ago

Hi Claire,

I’m Irish too!
Diagnosed with relaspe remitting MS in Jan this year and started on Avonex the end of Jan.

clairly
6 years ago

Hi everyone, so nice to hear from ye. I’m newly diagnosed with RRMS, about 2 months ago. I’m still in the scared phase, very unsure of my future and finding it hard to talk about. I’m a science student from Galway, having a relapse at the moment so had to defer my exams til August. Last week I chose Tysabri as a first line treatment and I’m due to start in the next 3 weeks. I have a great neurologist who helped me weigh up the risks and benefits before going for Tysabri (such a scary decision to make). I am hoping it will really help me. How are your treatments working for ye?

clairly
6 years ago

Also only found this yesterday due to the BBC article, such a nice story.

tr909
6 years ago

Hi Claire, I was about the same age as you when I was diagnosed in 2006 and vaguely remember what was going on at the time as I was in so much shock and completely lost with little or no support. I wasn’t even registered with a GP over here at the time and remember thinking I’ll never make it to the millennium. As if that was some major point in time I had to reach!

Looking back, what I did was gradually and slowly accept it and I carried on with my studies and life and that actually worked. I done a lot of yoga and that also helped. For me I could have talked about it more as I think I just buried it or saw it as a grey cloud in the distance and that was only possible because the relapses have been minor. I found it hard but with time I started believing it will be all okay and even now with the first real relapse having a go I am trying to keep a positive spin on things.

Take good care of yourself.
Hugh

catdoran
6 years ago

I’m Irish … Live in Derry, been diagnosed 3 years … Hope you are keeping as well as you can be 🙂 xx

lillylilly
6 years ago

I have set up a Facebook page for us Irish MSers. It’s called Multiple Sclerosis Support Ireland. Would love for you all to add it 😀

Join Shift.ms to reply to this post.

Become part of the community so you can chat, compare and learn from other MSers.