Add categories

Browse categories and add by clicking on them

You can remove current categories below by clicking the ‘x’.

There are no categories assigned yet.

kellainey
6 years ago

Hi Claire, I’m from Galway,living in London for 8 years. Been diagnosed with relapsing remitting MS 4 years. I’m currently having a relapse and starting on Avonex in the next few days. Read the BBC article yesterday and came on here straight after.

Lainey

lillylilly
6 years ago

Hiya Claire!!

I’m Irish!!!
I’m 29, and was diagnosed a year and a half ago.
Live in North Dublin 😀

tr909
6 years ago

Hi Claire! I’m from Mayo and have been living in London for 17 years and was diagnpsed 16 years ago 🙂

pebbles19
6 years ago

Hi Claire,

I’m Irish too!
Diagnosed with relaspe remitting MS in Jan this year and started on Avonex the end of Jan.

clairly
6 years ago

Hi everyone, so nice to hear from ye. I’m newly diagnosed with RRMS, about 2 months ago. I’m still in the scared phase, very unsure of my future and finding it hard to talk about. I’m a science student from Galway, having a relapse at the moment so had to defer my exams til August. Last week I chose Tysabri as a first line treatment and I’m due to start in the next 3 weeks. I have a great neurologist who helped me weigh up the risks and benefits before going for Tysabri (such a scary decision to make). I am hoping it will really help me. How are your treatments working for ye?

clairly
6 years ago

Also only found this yesterday due to the BBC article, such a nice story.

tr909
6 years ago

Hi Claire, I was about the same age as you when I was diagnosed in 2006 and vaguely remember what was going on at the time as I was in so much shock and completely lost with little or no support. I wasn’t even registered with a GP over here at the time and remember thinking I’ll never make it to the millennium. As if that was some major point in time I had to reach!

Looking back, what I did was gradually and slowly accept it and I carried on with my studies and life and that actually worked. I done a lot of yoga and that also helped. For me I could have talked about it more as I think I just buried it or saw it as a grey cloud in the distance and that was only possible because the relapses have been minor. I found it hard but with time I started believing it will be all okay and even now with the first real relapse having a go I am trying to keep a positive spin on things.

Take good care of yourself.
Hugh

catdoran
6 years ago

I’m Irish … Live in Derry, been diagnosed 3 years … Hope you are keeping as well as you can be 🙂 xx

lillylilly
6 years ago

I have set up a Facebook page for us Irish MSers. It’s called Multiple Sclerosis Support Ireland. Would love for you all to add it 😀

Join Shift.ms to reply to this post.

Become part of the community so you can chat, compare and learn from other MSers.