Last reply 1 year ago
anyone who lives with a person with MS ?

i’d like some advice from anyone who can help me do more for my girlfriend who has MS. i feel very frustrated as it seems there’s little i can do for her, and she is usually in constant pain , discomfort or fatigued pretty much all of the time.

Add categories

Browse categories and add by clicking on them

You can remove current categories below by clicking the ‘x’.

Anonymous
1 year ago

Hello @nakor

I am sorry to hear about your girlfriend being in pain, it must be hard to watch someone you love going through that. I am the one who has MS and I know it is hard on the people that love us. I am not sure how much advice I can offer, I just wanted to say “hello” I guess all the advice I can give is try and help out with the little things that will make her life easier – by that I mean take on more house hold chores and kind of be thoughtful in that don’t leave stuff lying around she may trip over, leave stuff she might need in easy reach and I guess just do stuff without having to be asked, the stuff that you know needs done.

Anyway, I am not sure if that helps you but that is just some of the stuff that I kind of think would help me.

Anyway hope things improve for you guys.

Avril

nakor
1 year ago

thanks. they would if the overpaid congressmen and senators would allow medical marijuana in ohio. once she would be able to alleviate the pain she’d be able to deal with the other issues better. as for helping her, she’s very stubborn. to the point she gets mad at me for doing too much. kind of a no-win situation.

doubleo7hud
1 year ago

@nakor you never seem to be able to win when it comes to a lass anyway, no matter what you do, try too hard and it seems to piss em off even more lol my advice is just keep doing what your doing mate and tell her you love her often as possible. Have a laugh and find activities to keep her mind occupied like scrabble or summat I dunno get her cogs ticking and will keep her mind occupied and off the pain.

Oh and be wary of her saying she’s “fine” as woman’s fecking “fine” is different to a mans “fine”. Woman’s “fine” means no I’m not ok I’m gonna scratch out your eyes with a fecking toothpick, torture your testicles with a spank paddle and dance on your Collection on man tools while cackling to myself all jovial like.

Also buy yourself a crystal ball this will come In extramly handy, I have two there both invisible and I unfortunately always forget to carry them round with me. Peace Out and good luck brothers were all in the same boat. ⛵️

Anonymous
1 year ago

You are so right @doubleo7hud to us women when we say we are “fine” it means you should know what is wrong and be half way to fixing it for us – you did make me laugh, thank you!

Avril

doubleo7hud
1 year ago

😉 welcome

jessvf14
1 year ago

Just treat her like a princess. She knows you can’t help as much as you want to, it’s frustrating for us too knowing that you want to help us but are helpless. We get on with it (with an occasional whinge don’t get me wrong!) but we likely won’t tell you when we’re suffering because we know there’s nothing you can do. But chocolates, take us out places and make us feel “normal”. It must be hard.

andrew_hampson
1 year ago

To Nakor,

she gets mad at me for doing too much. kind of a no-win situation. Yep my Wife is like that, and I liked doubleeo7hud advice proper laughed out loud.

Just be there and keep on buggering on thats all we can do. Plus buy an Xbox for yourself for all the time she spends sleeping.

Andrew

andrew_hampson
1 year ago

My wife gets a good benefit from Oxygen therapy

nakor
1 year ago

appreciate the responses. this past week was particularly bad as its been about a year since her older sister passed, (great, more unhappy things in her mind). my diabetes leaves me tired more often than not, so i’m not always the easiest to deal with myself. i’m trying to get her to get involved with forums, websites, etc and at least read people’s comments about what they’re dealing with. people like to know that someone else is having a similiar health issue (especially with MS and diabetes that have symptoms that “healthy” people dont notice— brain fogs, pain, in her case balance is a big issue , etc) . all those things that make people say “you dont look sick, etc.”

Post Comment

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.