Last reply 6 months ago
Anyone try Mavenclad?

Hello everyone. I am new here, my husband has RRMS and was diagnosed 5 years ago at age 31. Symptomatically he is doing well, however his MRI’s show new disease activity. My husband was on Copaxone for a few years however he had a bad skin reaction to it and went off treatment entirely. The neurologist has recommended we try a new drug called Mavenclad (Cladribine). We have been looking at the side effects and are very concerned with how the drug lowers the immune system and will make him more susceptible to infections including shingles and TB. So I am looking for anyone out there who has taken Mavenclad and what your experience with the drug is, what side effects have you had? Anything you can share about taking the drug?

I really appreciate your help!! Best wishes to all 🙂

thank you. S.

Add categories

Browse categories and add by clicking on them

You can remove current categories below by clicking the ‘x’.

stumbler
6 months ago

Hi @ssperdut and welcome. It’s good of you to join us on behalf of your husband.

Mavenclad (Cladribine) is being looked at as one of the new hopes in the MS therapies arena.

You may be able to find user experiences by searching through previous posts on this subject. Try the Forum Search function (magnifying glass, top left) and search for Cladribine.

ssperdut
6 months ago

Hi stumbler, thank you very much for your response & your welcome! I will try the search function.
S.

Join Shift.ms to reply to this post.

Become part of the community so you can chat, compare and learn from other MSers.