Last reply 1 year ago
Anyone on Amantadine?

Hi, I’ve been taking Tecfidera for 5 months and so far been lucky with few side effects. Still really struggling with fatigue and have been prescribed amantadine. Just wondered if anyone can share their experience of taking it? I’ve just started a new job and can’t afford to take something which might make me poorly rather than just totally exhausted!

Add categories

Browse categories and add by clicking on them

You can remove current categories below by clicking the ‘x’.

stumbler
1 year ago

@niccis , Amantadine has been mentioned a few times. Here’s the results of a forum search :-

New User

reds44
1 year ago

I have been taking it for about 2 weeks I don’t feel it’s helps but everyone is different. Good luck I have seen some other posts about it and have not read about any side effects or feeling dopy.

omega-female
1 year ago

I’ve been taking amantadine since June and it seems to have made a big difference to me. My fatigue before was really crippling, I was barely getting through the working day and having to have naps on the weekend. I feel much more energised now. I still get fatigued from time to time but it’s much better. My walking’s improved too, apparently it lowers your body temperature which can have that effect.

One side effect I’ve had (and I’m taking tec as well which may make it worse) is really bad heartburn if I don’t wash it down with plenty of water. It seems to have suppressed my appetite too which is good as I’ve lost loads of weight (was a bit porky before!)

niccis
1 year ago

Thanks for your replies. I started this weekend. Had a 3 hour ‘nap’ on Saturday afternoon but made it through the day on Sunday!

Join Shift.ms to reply to this post.

Become part of the community so you can chat, compare and learn from other MSers.