Last reply 2 months ago
Anyone from South Manchester?

Hi guys!
I’ve recently moved to Didsbury are from good ole Geordie land!
Been a member of this Kirby grp since it first started in 2009, which was shortly after I was officially diagnosed!

Would love to meet people in this neck of the woods! So if anyone fancies meeting for a coffee/drink let me know!

I’m enjoying having some me time before I start work again in the New Year!

Xx
Ghada

Add categories

Browse categories and add by clicking on them

You can remove current categories below by clicking the ‘x’.

stumbler
2 months ago

Hi @ghada , there’s a name from the past. How are you?

Shift has changed a bit since you were last here, so you may not have found the Member’s Map feature :-

https://shift.ms/map

It might help. 😉

ghada
2 months ago

Hi Stranger!
It’s been a good few years now, good to hear from you! How are you?
I can see the website ya changed quite a bit and thanks for the tip!

Xxx

markharrison
2 months ago

Hi Ghada, I’m a member of a couple of social groups that meet in the evening around South Manchester and Macclesfield. We call these nights ‘Working Through MS’

Let me know if you are interested. More info below

– work(ing) through – A definition
‘to deal with something such as a problem or a strong feeling by thinking and talking about it’

In this context – working does not mean in employment. We are aim these event at those who may be unable to attend MS group daytime activities.

We hope those both newly diagnosed, those more experienced with MS or partners of those with MS will find the relaxed pub surroundings a place to meet others effected by the challenges of MS – and enjoy a cheeky drink or two!
The group will share stories of diagnosis, experiences with DMDs and everyday coping strategies and aims to be supportive.

stumbler
2 months ago

Hi @ghada, I’m hanging in there. But, it’s been a while, your twin girls are now 5, according to my estimation.

I bet they’ve been keeping you busy. 😉

ghada
2 months ago

Hi Mark,
I’m definitely interested and happy to try out one of your meetups in South Manchester. I’m currently unemployed but aiming to resume work in January so enjoying some me time;).
Pub is always a good place for a relaxed atmosphere. Happy to provide any tips or ideas considering I’m now ‘old school’.

The only issue is being able to make evening meetups during the week as my hubby works in London a few days during the week every week until Xmas when he’ll move to the Manchester branch.

ghada
2 months ago

Stumbler,
You’re absolutely right! My monkeys are 5 and a half yrs old! They’ve definitely kept me busy – I took one yr off then went back to work three days a week since then till 4 months ago to coordinate our move to Manchester!
They’ve also got me fitter but atleast it’s one job ticked off😂xx

Join Shift.ms to reply to this post.

Become part of the community so you can chat, compare and learn from other MSers.