sian810 02/10/14
Last reply 3 years ago
Anybody had Campath then a tattoo?

Hi, I had Campath and finished my last dose last year. When I had it I decided I wanted a tattoo, never had one before but thought sod it, My consultant says not a good idea but cant stop me, I have no reason why other than they have to keep an eye on my bloods for 10 years post treatment! So was wondering if anybody else on here has had Campath then a tattoo afterwards? Any advice would be fab Thanks, and hope everybody is well x

Add categories

Browse categories and add by clicking on them

You can remove current categories below by clicking the ‘x’.

stumbler
3 years ago

Well, I can’t help personally, as I have no tattoos. I believe the body is a work of art, especially the female body, and shouldn’t be defaced. But, that’s just me and my view. 😉

Anyway, to answer your question, I’d call up the MS Society Helpline (0808 800 8000) and ask them. They’ve probably been asked many times before.

So, how are you doing on Campath/Lemtrada?

sian810
3 years ago

Yes i agree, but i’m having a small ambigram of my daughter and sons name so its not a picture of any sort. Yes doing really well really, bit like my old self again, i’ve had both doses now, and not had any relapse’s since, sometimes get the odd symptom of Lhermitte’s phenomenon, but thats when i first wake up. I can now run after my kids, which i couldn’t do before, but then i don’t like to run loads anyway lol. Hows life treating you? x

stumbler
3 years ago

@sian810 , it’s good to hear you doing so well. “Run after kids”! It’s difficult to remember back to running, or kids, these days! lol 😆

As for how life’s treating me, well, I’m too old and knackered to do anything constructive with me now. But, it keeps life interesting! 😉

xander
3 years ago

ive got lots of tattoos but never taken campath
from what i understand campath kills off most of your white blood cells basically resetting your immune system im guessing this will mean you will be very vonrable to everything kind of like a new born baby at first until you get exposed to things again
a tattoo will be like a graze with a foreign object in it (the ink) so how your body will react to this is anyones guess lol
if it was me id wait 5 years or so just to allow your body to get its immune system back to a good enough level 😉
but hay what do i know lol 🙂
if you you do go ahead with it just keep it super clean and really really re search the artist and make sure he or she is 1 an amazing artist/tattooist 2 there studio is properly set up and there hygiene is second to none
please dont let a scratcher with a kit off ebay tattoo you 😉 even if are a great artist its just not worth the risk
a good m8 of mine got hepatitis from a lad he was living with when he was at art school not good

sian810
3 years ago

@xander thanks for that. Yea I know the studio is clean and the guy is great, I’ve explained what I’ve had to him, and he thinks it should be fine, as yes my white cells are low but I’ve had cuts and bruises since and they have healed pretty well like normal. I was going to be super clean and. Over it when I can while its healing so should be good I hope lol.

xander
3 years ago

cool
make sure you post photos 🙂
also get some bepanthen cream its amazing stuff it really helps the healing better than anything else 🙂

caterpillar
3 years ago

If you have a low white cell count I would definitely wait with things that can wait – why put yourself at unnecessary risk right now? 🙂

Post Comment

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.