Last reply 6 years ago
any ideas for jobs

any ideas what i can do for work, was a secretary and previous to that a child minder but cant do either now and dont have any other qualifications. when the dr will no longer sign me off i havent got a job to go to and no prospects any more!!

Add categories

Browse categories and add by clicking on them

You can remove current categories below by clicking the ‘x’.

highheeledfagin
6 years ago

In a similar position. I had a string of relapses a few years ago and I’ve basically had to spend that time in physio and basically training to be able to walk properly again. I know that I don’t yet have the stamina to be able to work full-time, but part-time seems to be limited to retail – I’m not going back there – and bar work which would be much too physically demanding. I considered joining a Teaching Assistant agency but that wouldn’t be able to guarantee me enough hours to fully come off of benefits, and that’s my main aim. My friend used to work for one of those flirt chat channels and, though definitely not everybody’s idea of a dream job, I am strangely tickled by the idea as it horrifies me less than other, uber-mundane alternatives.

bubblesgalore
6 years ago

highheeledfagin
that really made me laugh loudly… never thought of doing that… that would be so much fun yee ha!
x

charlie9hine
6 years ago

i started my own business as a result of getting healthier and having more energy through using a range of health products so i decided to sell them, i feel good and i help others feel good and i work from home the hours that suit me, i would be happy to give you all more info on this i know other sufferers of ms that do the same.

dizzy
6 years ago

cheers, ha ha me too i never thought of that, could be fun! and charliehine9 info be good thanks x

rochelle28
6 years ago

Always looking for ways to make money. I’ve watched kids, sold items on Ebay, done party planning, ran the clerical for a Contruction Company…now I am a photography student. The MS fatigue gets to me so my main job now is just being a mommy (a.k.a. chauffeur, party planner and coordinator, teacher, cook, maid, ect). I do draw disability here in the US which helps some.

dizzy
6 years ago

im a stay at home mummy, which i thoroughly enjoy, shame we dont get paid for it 🙂 I ve just enrolled in a photography course to start in sept, looking forward to it.

charlie9hine
6 years ago

No problem if anyone does want to lean about my business yoy can always drop me a private message and i would be happy to give you more info and see if it is something you would be interested in. i am always looking for new people to join my team and train

jat721
6 years ago

I have a couple etsy shops. If you can make anything, it’s a good way. When you’re feeling good, you can make the items you’re selling, that way when you’re not feeling so good, you can relax a little knowing that if a sale comes though all you have to do is send it off. I have one shop that I sell cooling neck wraps and another I sell wedding accessories. It’s very fun and rewarding knowing that I did it; it’s such an accomplishment.

rochelle28
6 years ago

jat721,

Can you give me your name on Etsy..I am always on there!

xxx

jat721
6 years ago

My shops are: Coolzies and Jessica Ann Boutique.

Thanks!

Join Shift.ms to reply to this post.

Become part of the community so you can chat, compare and learn from other MSers.