Last reply 2 weeks ago
Anxious

Planning a trip abroad to South America, I literally have no idea how I am going to manage my anxiety and ongoing MS symptoms.

Add categories

Browse categories and add by clicking on them

You can remove current categories below by clicking the โ€˜xโ€™.

stumbler
3 weeks ago

@jayjay10 , planning and preparation are going to be key.

If you have planned meticulously for all eventualities, then there will be no need for anxiety.

grandma
3 weeks ago

I agree with Stumbler, planning is the key and as you’re not on any DMT (I assume that hasn’t changed) you haven’t got to take any medication with you, apart from over the counter stuff that the customs at both ends will have seen loads of times, so have a great time, go visit the mountains for me and if you see a Condor, tell me all about it when you come back safe, happy, and fulfilled๐Ÿ˜

sam10
3 weeks ago

Traveller’s insurance

spunky
3 weeks ago

Plan, plan, plan! Then relax and take Ativan if needed.

rivka
3 weeks ago

Be sure your travelers insurance covers pre-existing conditions. Bring all the telephone numbers you might possibly need from home. Extra over the counter favorite meds. And pack your โ€œ fun and adventureโ€ spirit !

edmontonalberta
3 weeks ago

@jayjay10

Where in South America? And why???

Don’t get me wrong – I am jealous. Just curious… ๐Ÿ˜‰

marajade
3 weeks ago

Make lists for everything! Good for you for getting out there despite the anxiety! I hope you have a great time…be safe ๐Ÿ‘

nutshell88
3 weeks ago

I was daignosed in 2005 too age 17 traveled to America on 2010 to meet proffessor he told me I must go on treatment I didnt because Im fine
Traveled to uk to study English and have Masters on 2012 returned in tge beginning of 2015 but didnt finish masters just FCE Cambridge and i was staying in cold Edinburgh but im originally from hot Saudi
Nothing has happened i got few polite relapses that remits shorty
Last week I began taking treatment Gelinea because i did corneal transplant and contact implant and got new lesions after that
If i had a choice of visiting USA and UK again i would :p for a visit this time

jayjay10
2 weeks ago

Hey guys,

Thank you for all the tips and advice that you have given me, is is extremely appreciated. I have been given renewed optimism and confidence from you all. I am ever so grateful!

mermaidia11
2 weeks ago

@jayjay10 How very decadent (South Pacific ) or hot (Bolivia) depending on where, and when; you are planning on going?

Iโ€™d recommend PPPPP -preparation and pacing yourself prevents p*iss poor performance!

Knowledge is power

I would recommend a portable mini scooter a Luggie) as u can take it anywhere and it will go in the hold of the airplane and conserves precious energy; and you can use it all year round thereafter…

A portable wheelchair that folds up if you can walk and want to.

Iโ€™m lazy, so prefer to whizz about on a scooter, like a tourist in a souvenir shop…and I bite ankles on it too…

Bring lots of layers, as your body thermometer may be wonky…enjoy the benefits of the hyper boric oxygen on the plane, enjoy the ability to go; enjoy the change of scene – enjoy the satisfaction of gettin to South America dude!!!

So ENJOY and make that your primary goal.

The anxieties will become barriers to going, if you dwell on em, instead of gettin prepared…and enjoy that bit too; after all, itโ€™s the journey not the destination ๐Ÿ˜Ž ๐Ÿ‡ช๐Ÿ‡จ๐ŸŒ๐ŸŒˆ๐Ÿ‘๐ŸŽ‰โœจ๐Ÿงœโ€โ™€๏ธโœจ

Join Shift.ms to reply to this post.

Become part of the community so you can chat, compare and learn from other MSers.