Last reply 1 month ago
Angry

Does anyone have a problem with angry, I have outbursts of it and turn the air blue , it just seem to be getting worse,I don’t know if it’s frustration that sometimes I can’t do the things i use to , or wear the clothes I have edema in both legs , I just getting down , I suppose I wish my life would go back to the way it was pre MS ,

Add categories

Browse categories and add by clicking on them

You can remove current categories below by clicking the ‘x’.

There are no categories assigned yet.

stumbler
1 month ago

@denisejulie , of course we have anger. We have to put up with so much so there is a feeling that life hasn’t been very fair with us.

Just be aware that you have this volatility, so you don’t offend close family and friends.

vivien
1 month ago

@denisejulie, I do!

I can be laughing and joking one minute, then a raging she-devil the next!

Most especially when I’ve had cog fog, or am having sensory overload, as my brain can’t cope!

I’m learning to recognise the early warning signs, jumping from 1 thing to another for no reason etc.

Chin up, you’re an MS Warrior, after all! 😘

Vivien xxxx 🤗

edmontonalberta
1 month ago

@denisejulie

Denise – you did not put much information in your profile, so I am hoping my advice might help.

I was always angry from the day I was born; my younger sisters 1st memory of me was in a fight in the playground. I busted my hand in Grade school when I deflected a kick from a Bully. This went on & on & on – between the age of 17 to 23, I was in more than 100 fights; not arguments but fights where others had to go to the hospital for stitches. This ended once I almost killed a guy after he raped a girl I liked – a few months in jail convinced me I needed to control my anger.

For the past 40 years I controlled my reactions. The first thing I do is keep my mouth shut. When my thoughts continue to go to my mouth – I bite my tongue then walk away. I walk away from the room, from everyone involved. I also stay away from the keyboard rather than say something I might later regret.

Don’t get me wrong – this site is the perfect place to vent if needed; but those close to me never hear my anger.

To make a long story short – I still get angry over things (especially my MS restrictions). But I learned to keep my mouth shut then walk away. This keeps those I need in my life – they stick around because they are comfortable being around me.

Something to think about…

denisejulie
1 month ago

Thank for you reply’s, I think I must be just having a bad day , it funny before the diagnosis of ms I was a very patient person I had to be for my job and a calm person , I’m just glad I live by myself and I just have a brother who lives in Florida,

stumbler
1 month ago

@denisejulie , you’re still that same person.

Reincarnating the patient approach would help you adopt a calm attitude to life, which will be useful in managing your MS.

Join Shift.ms to reply to this post.

Become part of the community so you can chat, compare and learn from other MSers.