Last reply 5 months ago
And now a proper introduction…

Hello all,

My name is Ingrid, I was diagnosed with R/R in 2012 (though we were able to trace back to find what was likely the first episode, 9 years earlier). I had a few rocky years, with a major relapse every year, then I got 3 years off, until an optic neuritis episode last year. Unfortunately, though clinically I’m in great shape, my MRIs have been telling a different story. I took copaxone for a year or so, but had the ON relapse, so it was judged as having failed. Earlier this year I did my first Lemtrada infusion.

Aside from the bladder infection I freaked out about the other day πŸ˜‰ it’s been pretty smooth and side-effect free. I’m very fortunate to (a) be Canadian and enjoy socialized health care, and (b) to have an excellent job, which meant I could take a month off work to let myself properly recover from the infusion.

Thanks for this forum, and thanks especially for your kind and welcoming response when I sort of barged in. πŸ˜€

Cheers,
Ingrid

Add categories

Browse categories and add by clicking on them

You can remove current categories below by clicking the β€˜x’.

staying-connected
5 months ago

Hi Ingrid, it’s lovely to hear from you and you are very welcome to this space. I have really enjoyed coming to this forum as I get so many words of wisdom and a few laughs too πŸ™‚ it’s really great to have you on board x

nutshell88
5 months ago

“clinically I’m in great shape, my MRIs have been telling a different story”

thats how I’ve been for 13 years until today.
one thing different I tried Rebef in 2010 my balance got destroyed during having the therapy so I stopped it after a year till today. I was daignosed in 2010 but was having relapse-like since early childhood.

Im saudi treatments and health care is free even a free whole house or land for disabled people. they rold me yesterday I should call housing ministry so i got something but its weekend hehe sorry I rumbled I’m drugs free unwisely because I feel they are trials on my body and im a young women in great mood and shape healthwise dont want to ruin it with my own hand lol will let MS do the job
i dont get relapses maybe one in 3 years.. but got atrophy in mri woohoo πŸ˜‚

cheerio..

kermujin
5 months ago

Hi both, and thanks for the hello! @nutshell88 you sound like a tough, cheery cookie. πŸ˜‰
@staying-connected cheers! πŸ™‚

stumbler
5 months ago

@kermujin , the members of this forum joined for a variety of reasons. So, you are most welcome.

The bottom line here is that individually, we may be weak, but together we are strong. πŸ˜‰

vixen
5 months ago

Hello @kermujin, welcome to you over there in Canada, I’ve enjoyed finding out snippets of info about life in Canada from others posting on here. It’s great you’ve got a supportive workplace, people often post on here having experienced the opposite. Good to meet you x

nutshell88
5 months ago

I was daignosed in 2005 Rebef 2010*

and thanks for the compliment you too.

Join Shift.ms to reply to this post.

Become part of the community so you can chat, compare and learn from other MSers.