Last reply 2 years ago
Ampyra

My neuro suggested I tried Ampyra (Fempyra in Norway). He said it might suit my walking. Yes, it has side effects, but all meds have, so I’ll take my first dose in about an hour. I feel quite excited. I will report back.

Add categories

Browse categories and add by clicking on them

You can remove current categories below by clicking the ‘x’.

stumbler
3 years ago

Good luck with it, @nemo .

As for the UK, it’s easier to “get blood out of a stone”!!! 😉

tabbycat
3 years ago

I’d be interested to hear your results, as my neuro has mentioned it for the future. Good luck.

caterpillar
3 years ago

So… how did it go? :-). I guess it is too early to expect clear results, but I hope you can tolerate the drug OK.
My neuro ( also in Norway) suggested Fampyra for fatigue, but I was supposed to cover the cost myself ( the drug is registered in Norway for improvement in walking speed and not other indications).

nemo
3 years ago

All good so far. My legs are a little lighter and not so stiff. The weather has been bad here on the West coast today, and my MS don’t like wind and rain. I’ll give it a few more days before I give it my final judgement.

caterpillar
3 years ago

Sounds good :-). I wonder if you have noticed any improvement of energy levels/ memory/ cognition?

nemo
3 years ago

I fell a bit better, yes. My right leg is better/lighter. My MS has never been affecting memory and/or cognitive ability. I am going to do the walking speed test next week. All fingers are crossed.

nicolaz
2 years ago

I’m considering Ampyra–so I’d love to know how you’re doing on it seven months after starting. Well, I hope!

Join Shift.ms to reply to this post.

Become part of the community so you can chat, compare and learn from other MSers.