lmagnan 17/05/18
Last reply 1 week ago
Amantadine 100mg

Hi I wonder if any of you have ever taken Amantadine 100mg.

I had read that this can help with fatigue my MS doctor prescribed it for me and I collected it yesterday going to start taking it today but am a little concerned about side effects.

Have you taken this before did it help and did you have any side effect

Thankyou

Laura

Add categories

Browse categories and add by clicking on them

You can remove current categories below by clicking the ‘x’.

stumbler
1 week ago

@lmagnan , all medications come with a horrendous list of side-effects. That’s to protect the manufacturer from being sued. Even headache tablets have a side-effect of headache listed!

Amantadine is the usual response to fatigue. It works for some, but not others.

Use the Forum Search function (magnifying glass, top left) to search for previous posts regarding Amantadine.

lmagnan
1 week ago

Thank you stumbler will have a search 🙂

mermaidia11
1 week ago

I find it helpful if that helps!
Also, you don’t have to take if every day, just when you feel you need it?
I found it also helpful because it’s also an anti viral, originally developed to treat influenza, .. I’ve not had a cold, tum upset or anything, even when my children have been sick..co incidence perhaps?
Had no side effects whatsoever for me, but then I only take it when I think it’s necessary-
why don’t you try it and see if it helps? If not, then discontinue.
Good luck!

lmagnan
1 week ago

Thank you mermaidia11 makes me feel better 😉 should it start working right away or take time to get in the system

Thank you for replying

dramaqueen
1 week ago

I have used this drug for years I have not felt any side effects. I have taken part in agood number of trials for ms and have had full blood screening. I have never been alerted to any problems. Amantadine has helped me manage my fatigue and I wouldn’t be without this medication. But it doesn’t work for all. Best of luck.

dramaqueen
1 week ago

I take mine daily. Cant remember if it took a time to work. I have doubled up on a busy day which im not advising people to do but that indicates the effects are daily for me.

buitenmus
1 week ago

It didn’t work for Me, but hopefully you’ll react better. I suffered from nightmares and woke up a few times every night but side effects are different for anybody. And it wasn’t the reason I quit, I Just didn’t feel any difference.

lmagnan
1 week ago

Thank you Dramaqueen that is helpful/useful to know on second day now feel a little spaces but ok maybe not the meds but to much tea 😉

lmagnan
1 week ago

thank you buitenmus, nice to have a few views will see how it goes for a few weeks hopefully some improvement if not will try something else 😉

Post Comment

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.