Last reply 4 years ago
All the pieces are starting to fit

This year has been a real battle, finishing work, trying to get over the mother of all relapses, coming to terms with the fact that i’m the one that needs help, and a big scoop of depression.
At last it all seems to be coming together. I wanted to do some voluntary work or fundraising but was worried that I may let people down if I was poorly, and I really wanted to do something for my self, so on the fundraising front I am begging fabric from people to make quilts and will give them to different charities to raffle or sell, that way I can do them at my own speed and give them out as I finish them.
I have someone coming to help me a couple of hours a week to keep up with the house work, that’s going really well. And in December I am going to Stoke Mandeville Stadium for a weekend target shooting tuition to see if I can join their programme. Im so excited, booked my train yesterday, still trying to work out getting from train to tube and back on train in London, but ill do it im sure.
Im keeping a diary every day to try and get worries out of my head and if I need to do something that is worrying me (some days that can be going to the post office) I write it down in steps and visualise each step going well), it seems to help.
I feel like I can breath physically and mentally today. its a good feeling
I hope your all having your best day yet xx

Add categories

Browse categories and add by clicking on them

You can remove current categories below by clicking the ‘x’.

tabbycat
4 years ago

@sprinkletoes it sounds like you are really sorted and have loads of positive plans – have fun!

stumbler
4 years ago

@barnabycrumble , it’s good to hear that things are looking up for you.

Use this site, https://www.tfl.gov.uk/ , for details about getting across London.

barnabycrumble
4 years ago

thanks @stumbler , ill take a look

cameron
4 years ago

You’re back in control of your life, what a wonderful feeling!I know it’s a cliche to say that when one door closes, another opens, but it’s happening, isn’t it?! Plus, feeling this good is good news for the MS. xxx

barnabycrumble
4 years ago

Thanks @cameron, Today has quite a significant door closing and I’m expecting to take a bit of an emotional dip, but I am hoping that because I’m prepared for it happening it wont be so much of a crash.
So I’m off on a long scoot with the dog this afternoon to get rid of the cobwebs and look [email protected], great website about travelling in London, perfect-I feel much easier about it now.
I had a very strange dream last night, I was going round with a bin picking up rubbish, think its relevant to today, everything will be much tidier physically and mentally and ill have room to breath.
Hope your all having a great day x

Join Shift.ms to reply to this post.

Become part of the community so you can chat, compare and learn from other MSers.