Last reply 3 months ago
Advice

Hi there , I’m a newbie .. just wanted to get reviews or advice .. my neurologist just called me and wants me to do Infusion in a few weeks after some lab work .. it’s called rituximab.. has anyone else been on it and how did it work for you ? TIA! 🙂

Add categories

Browse categories and add by clicking on them

You can remove current categories below by clicking the ‘x’.

stumbler
3 months ago

@daniela_cortez , it’s not a commonly used MS drug, but there have been mentions of it.

Use the Forum Search function (magnifying glass, top left) to search for “Rituximab”.

vixen
3 months ago

Hello @daniela-cortez. It’s also known some places as Rituxan. My daughter was given this as an infusion for another autoimmune disease as a trial, as at the time it was part of a chemotherapy treatment.

I seem to remember the infusion was six hours, repeated at some point. She didn’t really have any ill effects. My understanding is that some hospitals lean more towards certain drugs, but as far as MS goes I don’t think it’s once of the commoner choices. But hey, if it’s going to work on recommendation for you, go for it!

daniela_cortez
3 months ago

@stumbler thank you , I’ll definitely look into it ..

@vixen. I don’t know much as my first noticeable symptoms were 2-3 months ago .. and have read and never heard of this treatment .. yes she did mention it’s a 6 hour thing .. and repeated the following week then every 6-9 months ..

Since I don’t know much all the info that was provided to me by my doctor terrified me .. 😔 I wonder why they wouldn’t try and give me a more common treatment that’s worked for everyone else .

Thank you two for the replies ..

Your friend , Dani

Join Shift.ms to reply to this post.

Become part of the community so you can chat, compare and learn from other MSers.