Last reply 1 week ago
Advice

Hi I’ve just joined this got diagnosed in June have primary progressive ms . Recently struggling with mood swings 4 kids and a hubby arguing but its all me and is it normal for my ankles to swell plz

Add categories

Browse categories and add by clicking on them

You can remove current categories below by clicking the ‘x’.

stumbler
1 week ago

Hi @julia_hall_1 and welcome.

Mood swings, when dealing with a chronic medical condition, are to be expected. You’re probably still in shock about your diagnosis, it does take a year or more to process this and accept it for what it is.

You may need to consider anti-depressants, possibly as a short term expedient. Although, a fair few of us are on them long term. This just helps you think in the right way.

So, pop and see your Doctor to discuss how you’re feeling. Then you can show him your ankles too………….

julia_hall_1
1 week ago

Thanks I will is making me doubt myself

stumbler
1 week ago

@julia_hall_1 , never doubt yourself.

MS can seem a big thing, so you have to gain your sense of perspective. And, that’s not easy when your family don’t quite appreciate your problems, as “you look so well”.

Time is a great healer. So, be patient with yourself.

julia_hall_1
1 week ago

Thanks sorry to moan 1 daughter left home had a baby my son’s are 11 and 12 .eldest daughter and hubby work that’s when I’m at my worse off work sick not sure if I can go back . Don’t want pity and others knowing to much .

stumbler
1 week ago

@julia_hall_1 , I understand all those emotions and battling with your conscience.

You didn’t ask for this, so don’t feel guilty. So, accept you’re unwell and take it easy, then you may start to recover.

Stress is a major antagonist of MS, so should be avoided or managed.

watsoncraig
1 week ago

@julia_hall_1

I have PPMS and was given Fluoxetine to assist with fatigue. Plus side is, it has a trade name of Prozac! Small dosage per day and the moods have definitely improved.

The main thing to remember is that if it helps in any way you should not give a hoot as to what it is called, IT HELPS, and that is the main thing.

julia_hall_1
1 week ago

Thanks

Join Shift.ms to reply to this post.

Become part of the community so you can chat, compare and learn from other MSers.