Last reply 1 year ago
Achy legs?

Do any of you have achy legs from time to time? I can’t figure it out. They were really sore yesterday, like I had exercised too much. I did go kayaking the other day but that doesn’t involve the legs so that can’t be it. When I go up a few flights of stairs at work (which I try to do every day), last week it was no problem. This week, they’re burning by the time I get to the top.

I get that I need to exercise more, sure. But I don’t understand why one day they ache and the next they’re fine, then a few days later they ache, then they’re fine. I’ve read about spasticity. Is that it? They’re not stiff in what I consider stiff… they’re just achy & sore like I’ve just done a hard, hilly hike without any training.

??

Add categories

Browse categories and add by clicking on them

You can remove current categories below by clicking the ‘x’.

nsgro33
1 year ago

I was just having those symptoms of achy legs when I tried doing some research and found this site. I have been on a steady workout routine lately but it’s not that sore leg feel after a good few days of working out. It’s more like throbbing/nerve pain. Drives me crazy! It just comes and goes. Can’t figure out if I’m doing something or what. More research I guess.

isaacson72
1 year ago

I’m sitting here trying to decipher whether my legs are achy or throbbing like yours, but I think they’re just achy. I do have one particular spot on the outside of my right thigh that hurts like hell – it’s been like that for months, mostly when I first get up & start walking. I think, from talking with somebody about it awhile ago, it’s not MS but something about the way I sit on the couch and work on my needlepoint. Which I don’t do that often, really. Hmmm.

My legs are always a little stiff when I first get up – legs and lower back. Doesn’t matter if I’ve been sitting 2 minutes or 2 hours, or if I’ve been very active or sedentary. I have pretty bad arthritis in my low back so that’s not surprising, but the legs are different, and this seems to come & go. They’re just really tired, but I haven’t done anything to make them tired. And when I go up even one flight of stairs, they burn – which is stupid, I go up & down stairs all the time. Frustrating. I’d like to do stuff without everything hurting.

merfield
1 year ago

Hi, I don’t have achy legs but I do have a sharp pain deep inside my left groin/hip area which can be OK one time and stops me from moving at all at other times. I’ve seen a Physio who says it’s not hip but MS related and possibly caused by the way I now ‘walk'( touch walk )..she gave me exercises which seem to have helped. Touch wood, it’s been absent for about 3 days 👍🏻. Maybe ask your MS nurse? Bloody annoying though isn’t it!
Sympathies @isaacson72 xx

lozwo
1 year ago

I have issues with my legs all the time. One leg is always on fire and the other has days where it’s feeling like it’s being squeezed around the knee. BUT I do have these random days where my legs feel like I’ve been working out (which I haven’t 😂) it absolutely feels like the muscles have been overworked as if I have overdone it on the treadmill or something. Even pushing on my calves or thighs hurts. Then I can wake up the next day and it’s gone!! So random!

simone2
1 year ago

I take magnesium tablets which really help with muscles pain, I take sometimes up to 800mgs everyday.

nsgro33
1 year ago

All very good information. Yah, I’m really not alone 🙂 It’s good to finally talk with peeps that know what I’m going through 🙂

isaacson72
1 year ago

Magnesium is like my go-to for everything! My neuro has me taking it for headaches and very minor heart palpitations (not bad enough to warrant beta blockers and it’s definitely stress-related… I’ve been checked out by a cardiologist, too, heart & arteries are good, it’s just stress & caffeine that do it to me). And now mg for legs?! Nice. 3-for-1!

Legs are totally fine today. Have been up and down numerous flights of stairs at work, no achiness at all. So odd.

mscole
1 year ago

I have this too all the time. Legs and left hip aches on again and off again. It’s hard to describe to those around me. Is it muscle pain, nerve pain, weakness? I don’t know but sometimes it’s like a burning nerve pain other times it can be best described as if one was to flex their muscle and hold it in that tight, tense position all day. I too take magnesium regularly and I think it helps! I hear exercise is the best thing for this but its hard to want to work out when your aching. Best of luck, I hope you find relief.

highheeledfagin
1 year ago

I get the pain that feels like I’ve been jogging all week. It’s generally just that my muscles – particularly calves and worse on my foot-drop side – tend to tighten a lot, so the Physio always tried to get me to incorporate stretching throughout my day. I often forget and seriously pay me it the next day.

leighlincoln
1 year ago

sorry to learn you are experiencing leg problems. I have issues that I find difficult to describe, heavy legs, feeling of legs being squeezed, shocking ins and needles and the feeling that they are being squeezed’ I’ve had no sleep for the past 2 nights and am very tired apart from anything else. I take 2,000 mgs magnesium at night plus Lyrica 300 twice a day. plus Restless Legs Remedy which is a magnesium spray. If anybody finds something to ease this paid, I’m sure many m.s,ers would be so pleased.

Apart from my big whinge, We are just entering winter and have had to get our woolly jumpers out as temperatures low as 8o this morning, maximum forecast is 23o so should be a lovely day. Hope you just starting summer have a lovely one.

Post Comment

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.