Last reply 3 weeks ago
About plegridy

Hiya so I’m new to all this I’ve just had the plegridy injections delievered along with a Sharpe’s bin and a blue case with like a cooling pack in,nobody told me about this so what do I do?thank you

Add categories

Browse categories and add by clicking on them

You can remove current categories below by clicking the ‘x’.

stumbler
3 weeks ago

@tammylouise , the blue case with a cooling pack is a travel bag, for when you go on holiday, etc.. 😉

tammylouise
3 weeks ago

@stumbler so when I go for my appointment for them to show me do I need to put my injections in the cooler bag? Sorry about all the questions it’s all new to me

stumbler
3 weeks ago

@tammylouise , the following is from the Plegridy Patient Information Leaflet :-

“Store in a refrigerator (fridge), 2º-8ºC.

– Do not freeze. Throw away any Plegridy that is accidentally frozen.
– Plegridy can be kept outside a fridge at room temperature (up to 25°C) for up to 30 days but it must be kept away from light.
– Packs can be taken out of the fridge and then put back in a fridge more than once if you need to.
– Make sure the time the pens spend out of a fridge is no more than 30 days in total.
– Throw away any pen that is kept out of the fridge for more than 30 days.
– If you are unsure of the number of days you have kept a pen out of the fridge, throw the pen away. “

I’m not sure how many injections you are expected to take with you for this appointment. If it’s only one then you should just be able to take it in your bag. I doubt that we’re due a heatwave to take the temperature > 25°C.

trebormaharg
3 weeks ago

The drug company or hospital should’ve arranged for a nurse to guide you through the procedure. I had a home visit from one and although it’s simple it was good to have her. I didn’t actually inject when she was here she just showed me how to do it. If you’re going to inject at your appointment I would say you need to put it in the cooler bag to be on the safe side. Otherwise there should be a dummy pen for practicing with. I’m my experience I took paracetamol 30 mins before the injection to help with side effects which you should have been told about. Drink lots of water. I took mine on Friday evenings and injected in my thigh swapping legs each week. Hope all goes well for you 🙂

tammylouise
3 weeks ago

Hiya yes I’ve got to go to the hospital along with my injections they going to show me with dummy Injections first so I know how to do it.gettin nervous about it all though

Join Shift.ms to reply to this post.

Become part of the community so you can chat, compare and learn from other MSers.