Last reply 3 years ago
A sinking feeling

Has anyone experienced a falling sensation when lying down?

Recently if I lie without moving my arms or legs I feeling like I’m tipping or falling backwards, and as soon as I move an arm or leg the feeling stops.

I’ve had inner ear balance issues with some of my more serious MS attacks in the past, but this is new and I seam to be able to do it at will.

Add categories

Browse categories and add by clicking on them

You can remove current categories below by clicking the ‘x’.

stumbler
3 years ago

@numpty , I think this is a natural state that you can lie down and switch off, and you can then experience the feeling of floating. Until you return to your conscious feelings when you physically move.

When dealing with MS, we become more “familiar” with our bodies, as we try to determine what is and isn’t working. This may just be a natural feeling that you’ve only just become aware of…….

numpty
3 years ago

It’s not really floating
it’s like I’m falling backwards till I’m almost upside down, like I’m pivoting
but I don’t stop falling

it scared me at first
i though i was halucinating and was worried that something new had gone wrong

nunuu
3 years ago

I ve experienced the exact same feeling , its like u are contiously floating in/above water with a of feeling having 360 degree turns. It is part of the brain stem lesions.
What mostly helps is to open your eyes and fix on a stable object.

nunuu
3 years ago

I took a dexamethason pulse therapy 4 days , each 2000 mg , afterwards it was gone. The 1000 daily over 1 week didnt actually help at all.

Join Shift.ms to reply to this post.

Become part of the community so you can chat, compare and learn from other MSers.