Last reply 1 year ago
A random thought about heat intolerance

Just trying to find out experiences of going through a relapse and noting an increased sensitivity to heat (from environmental factors, exercise etc).

Been wondering for a while now if there’s a link between active ongoing disease activity/or perhaps a confirmed relapse and increased heat sensitivity. Any experiences?

Add categories

Browse categories and add by clicking on them

You can remove current categories below by clicking the ‘x’.

dom1975
1 year ago

Hi, I notice my legs feel tight in hot weather. A sensation I can best describe as wearing tight socks all the way up to my shins. I recently invested in Air conditioning for the 3 days a year we get a heatwave in England! My Neuro said it was most likely Uhthoff’s phenomenon?

randymt
1 year ago

@dom1975 Hi! I am not referring to the heat induced flare up of symptoms (uhthoff’s phenomenon/pseudoexacerbation) that most of people with MS experience in hot weather, but rather to the increased sensitivity to heat in general, even in cooler months. Sort of having a reduced threshold to heat.

Hope I explained myself well here!

stumbler
1 year ago

@randymt , this snippet does refer to Uhthoff’s, but may also cover the situation above.

https://www.mstrust.org.uk/a-z/heat-sensitivity

potter
1 year ago

I have heat problems without any relapses and it seems to get worse every year. Last year I had to give up driving except for early morning, I was having trouble with confusion. I am not looking forward to this summer, Kansas can really get the heat. Potter

Join Shift.ms to reply to this post.

Become part of the community so you can chat, compare and learn from other MSers.