Last reply 3 weeks ago
A little help??

Hi,I had a prilimary diagnosis of ms on the 25th Oct (after spending a week in hospital being treated for facial twitches and sloping mouth) had ct scan and mri which obviously weren’t 100% right 🙁 Over the last couple of weeks my right knee has become ‘wobbly’ it feels like it has ‘gone to sleep’ when I walk and my right foot and knee often tingle or feel like they are on fire,which more than anything is rather annoying :/ I was just wondering if anyone has any suggestions on how to deal with the tingling/burning sensation? I have asked my doc but all I get told is that there is nothing they can do as I haven’t got a 100% diagnosis 🙁

Add categories

Browse categories and add by clicking on them

You can remove current categories below by clicking the ‘x’.

stumbler
4 weeks ago

Hi @sassssy76 , neurological problems can lead to Peripheral Neuropathy, which often causes weakness, numbness and pain, usually in your hands and feet. However, it can also affect other areas of your body.

Peripheral Neuropathy isn’t just restricted to MS, so the Doctors/Neuros should be able to prescribe something to quieten this down.

You may have to be assertive and demand treatment.

sassssy76
4 weeks ago

Thanks for the reply @stumbler
My 1st neurologist appointment isn’t until 10th December so regular docs just say either nothing they can do or tell me to wait and see Neuro (easy for them to say). At the moment it’s bearable (actually calms down in a warm/hot bath) which is something of a relief 😉

stumbler
4 weeks ago

@sassssy76 , I can understand Doctors being a bit cautious until they know what they’re dealing with (I mean the condition not the type of patient. 😉 ). But, they could refer to their on-call Neurologist for advice……..

grandma
3 weeks ago

@sassssy It sounds like you’re in what we call ‘Limboland’ very frustrating and upsetting place to be. You say you had a diagnosis of pp in October, but they are not 100% sure! How frustrating. If it is ms then stressing about it is the worst thing you can do as stress is a killer with ms. To be avoided at all costs, sit back, have a cuppa, relax. There is nothing physically that you can do, unfortunatly you will have to ‘wait it out’ until such time as your neuro makes a decision. We’re all friends here, here for a natter, a moan, rant, celebration, whatever takes your fancy and if it does turn out to be ms remember there is no such thing as a silly question.😍 Keep your chin up.

Join Shift.ms to reply to this post.

Become part of the community so you can chat, compare and learn from other MSers.