sandwich 15/02/17
Last reply 1 year ago
A good news post

MRI results were in today….No new lesions, no change. That’s no progression in two years. One grateful brain today! Not sure if its down to Lemtrada or good fortune. Whatever the reason I’m thrilled about it.

Add categories

Browse categories and add by clicking on them

You can remove current categories below by clicking the ‘x’.

stumbler
1 year ago

Woo hoo! Great news, @sandwich. 🙂

gates1989
1 year ago

This is amazing @sandwich! Are these results since you’ve been on Lemtrada?

gates1989
1 year ago

Not sure if that makes sense I mean is this the first MRI since you’ve been on Lemtrada?

sandwich
1 year ago

Thanks both. It was my second MRI post Lemtrada @gates1989. I finished my second course in May. I had an MRI about this time last year and one just now. Both have shown no progression and been stable. I did think I had a mild relapse in Oct/Nov although I had a UTI at the time. Given the stable MRI it would seem it was a pseudo relapse.

To be fair my ms was quiet before lemtrada so its hard to know if its helped at all. I’m just glad I’ve not acquired any more lesions since starting it 🙂 I do think getting on a highly effective dmt as soon as possible is the way to go. My nurse said today they think the new era of drugs will see a lot less people coming through the doors in years to come using wheelchairs. A couple of years ago I’d have said my ms team was a bit conservative but these days they seem very pro treatment. It makes sense to me to preserve as much brain as possible early on to give a fighting chance of living well later in life.

gates1989
1 year ago

Yeah I totally ageee, my ms team are definitely pro meds! I had my first round of Lemtrada 3 weeks ago hence my question! My ms has been active since October after 5 years of inactivity, I was on tysabri but they took me off! I just hope Lemtrada puts the ms back in its place!!

doubleo7hud
1 year ago

Nice one sandwich awsome news I hope my ms team let me have lemsip too. After first treat meant hie long are you out of action for? A week in hospital getting treatment then how tall my roughly recovery at home?

doubleo7hud
1 year ago

How long recovery at home after 😂?

leena
1 year ago

Congrats…as a MSer myself, I think that’s one good news all of us look forward to in our MRIs 🙂

tracyd
1 year ago

@sandwich
WOOHOO that’s awesome news.
I had my 8 month post round 2 MRI yesterday so my results should be coming through shortly …. Hoping for equally awesome news.
Much love xxx

@doubleo7hud
Like MS it’s different for everyone, rule of thumb is the less buggered going in the easier it is, I worked from hospital during both rounds and was back to work on Monday – life carrried on as normal.

CAVEAT : Lem is the first and only treatment I’ve ever had and it was started immediately when I was diagnosed

doubleo7hud
1 year ago

@tracyd tar muchly lass will have a look on thas blog as I have time to fart 👍

Anonymous
1 year ago

@sandwich Amazing news – I love hearing good news stories! It does give us all hope for the future!

Go you !!!!

Avril x

feeblefee
1 year ago

So happy for you @sandwich 🙌

sandwich
1 year ago

Thanks everyone :-). Having a chronic illness can become old news to others. My family are a bit so what about it but we get the significance.

Post Comment

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.