Last reply 4 weeks ago
A bit of a rant

Medication
1. Prep is £4800 per year.
2. Fampyra is £4706 per year.
3. Methedone is £3000 to £5000 per year.

Why is it required
1. You have a likeness for unprotected sex.
2. Your balance and walking are shot.
3. You like to get high.

Avoidance
1. Keep it in your trousers or get some condoms.
2. None.
3. Don’t use Heroin.

Guess what you cant get on the NHS, yep that’s right it’s the one to help with the condition that people have through NO choice of their own.

Get stoned and have loads of unprotected sex and you will get help, have a condition you didn’t choose and you are on your own.

To quote Trainspotting

“Choose Life. Choose a job. Choose a career. Choose a family. Choose a fucking big television, choose washing machines, cars, compact disc players and electrical tin openers. Choose good health, low cholesterol, and dental insurance. Choose fixed interest mortgage repayments. Choose a starter home. Choose your friends. Choose leisurewear and matching luggage. Choose a three-piece suit on hire purchase in a range of fucking fabrics. Choose DIY and wondering who the fuck you are on Sunday morning. Choose sitting on that couch watching mind-numbing, spirit-crushing game shows, stuffing fucking junk food into your mouth. Choose rotting away at the end of it all, pissing your last in a miserable home, nothing more than an embarrassment to the selfish, fucked up brats you spawned to replace yourselves. Choose your future. Choose life… But why would I want to do a thing like that? I chose not to choose life. I chose somethin’ else. And the reasons? There are no reasons. Who needs reasons when you’ve got heroin?”

With MS we don’t have a choice.

Not a sympathy gathering post, more a statement (all right all right, a rant)

Add categories

Browse categories and add by clicking on them

You can remove current categories below by clicking the ‘x’.

stumbler
4 weeks ago

@watsoncraig , that may well be the case. We just have to accept it as fact of life and move on…………. 😕

watsoncraig
4 weeks ago

@stumbler the moving on has happened but the unjust feeling remains

grandma
4 weeks ago

I know what you mean about the unjust feeling. Was supposed to see my lawyer fir the upcoming court case today but he girl sruck on the M6 cos of an accident. Had to resort to no-win no -fee lawyer recommended by Disability Solutions as they couldn’t represent me cos of government cuts, quell suprise, so if I get my mobility car back and the gov has to pay me 10 mths @ £200 mth, they will owe me £2000 , but .I will have to pay the lawyer £600, so I won’t have enough left to buy a big enough mobility car to tow my caravan or put £600 worth of towbar ,from a recognised installer as Mobility insist, ( no going to bogit and scarper down the road!) on it. So rant all you like I’ll join you, it won’t make any difference but we might feel better😡😍

vixen
4 weeks ago

Ahhh @watsoncraig, thank the Lord you didn’t add the quote about the Scottish and the English from Trainspotting, now that would cause trouble! I feel your annoyance. Somebody posted something a while back, along the lines of non essential/elective surgery being funded by the NHS which was in the same vein, when there are folks who do not choose to be chronically ill, and yet are knocked back from funding. It is completely unjust and irrational. But I do believe that us little people can make a difference if we keep chipping away. The travesty is that we have to even do so in the first place. BTW I got emailed today by the MS Society who kind of say that it’s not completely over regarding Ocrevus, and they are urging folks to get back to the MPs again. Take heart, keep fighting. And posting!

Join Shift.ms to reply to this post.

Become part of the community so you can chat, compare and learn from other MSers.