Last reply 1 month ago
-_- h8 to ask this. Bladder issues

Could people with MS recovetI got it same timee as leg recent symptom
My leg recovered my bladder is weird
I feel it full but -_-“ didnt want to mention it but it started to wake me up go to loo nothing
For weeks now

Add categories

Browse categories and add by clicking on them

You can remove current categories below by clicking the ‘x’.

nutshell88
1 month ago

Mum said these things could be life threatning she said tell me if you felt it again and we take you to emergency
I dont like that some of you may know i dont enjoy worrying 😑 sometimes even if its serious which isnt wise i know
But Reason why I asked now is because its obviously irregular
Then I looked online and I saw that my mother was right I read it could cause brain bleeding infections big words like Omurilik
Then I craweled back to this ._.
Tomorrow after tomorrow I wouldnt see a decent doctor uts like chrismas here besides today which is Monday I’ll fast because its Hajj in Islam do you think it might make it more critical

strictlysoca
1 month ago

Dear nutshell

You have identified an issue and you know enough about MS to know it might be related. Urinary retention is common (I had it). It has the potential to be life threatening. I hope you will see a doctor who can understand and help you.

With regard to fasting again I would ask a doctor.

Best wishes

affibelle
1 month ago

Hi @nutshell,
You must see a doctor about this. I had similar problems and saw a Urinary nurse to learn how to self catheterise.
If you are Ill Koran does not ask you to fast. I would wait until you have seen a doctor and keep hydrated with water while ch is good for your bladder X

nutshell88
1 month ago

@affibelle I know if im ill i dont have to fast
But oh well it happened lol best thing about it is i didnt have any fluids so i never felt i need to go to toilet
I’ll see a doc in couple of days :/ i read i better cut on tea and coffee
Hard to achieve but will try to do all your advises i read even botox injections might. Help
https://shift.ms/members/strictlysoca/

nutshell88
1 month ago

affibelle
1 month ago

The caffiene is not good for you; I switched to herbal tea so I was also getting more water. Good luck and peace on your journey X

grandma
1 month ago

If it’s waking you up at night self caterisation seems to be the way to go. You could just do it at night and ensure an uninterrupted night’s sleep, very important with ms. We seem to be a lot better if we get a decent kip😍!

nutshell88
1 month ago

@grandma
I’m planning to do whatever it takes to stop this
Feel shy of my self as if im a child hehe
I even feared bladder or kidny failure 😩
Wish i could go now but life is busy this week my bro even asked by the phone couple of hrs ago do u still have the issue i take u to bospital no dont worry
-_- i said no but i do

nutshell88
1 month ago

Do you think using hot water bottle on my tum even if i fill it with cold better would make my bladder a bit better
@grandma

grandma
1 month ago

Can’t do any harm! Anything is worth trying. Good luck😍

nutshell88
1 month ago

@grandma Thank you 👌🏻 I’ll try that for now

msikib
1 month ago

I use a catheter half hour b4 bed and was still up at least 5 times a night for the loo, now continence nurse has put me on Vesicare tablets and that has cut it down to twice a night.

jack13
1 month ago

I im on occupying 5 mg 2 times a day. I thought they started to work after 2 weeks only going to the loo 3 times a night instead of 5 . As they worked i was feeling better in all my symptoms. 2weeks later my symptoms returned and with a extra top of my spine the skin was burning up. I was back too going all the time. I’m making a new appointment with my nurse and will ask if I can self caturate. Is it hard or painful? The worst part is sat along time to get a flow going

nutshell88
1 month ago

@jack13
Thanks for your reply idk why but even when im in dofficult state its not easy for me to adapt any sort of tablets because from what ive seen in my short life a person needs a higher doze or new method that suits this treatment he had
I dont wanna say to start from where the damage the treatment caused
Treatments are great of course they save us but not all of them thats my feeble opinion
Therefore im having bladder issues because i dont take drugs for MS

@msikib thanks for your reply thats promising

msikib
1 month ago

If you are getting catheters they will probably be called LoFric Origo [the make] and try ones with a bent end on them, those ones are lofric origo tiemann. I find those alot easier to use .

nutshell88
1 month ago

@msikib
Well, before this relapse i used to be coffee “gahwa” as we call it here and tea like 3 tea 4 coffebut even since i got this relapse i reduced them

Today i got bored of that
Over had coffee this after noon and tea then i ran to the toilet 😀✋🏻
Had machiatto 🤗 got my life again lol
But of course had water too orange mango juice

nutshell88
1 month ago

@msikib
But if it ever got worse
I will follow your advice cheers 😉

Join Shift.ms to reply to this post.

Become part of the community so you can chat, compare and learn from other MSers.