matt2588 06/02/12
Last reply 5 years ago
Vitamins

Hello, I am new to this site. I was just wondering if there are any Vitamins i can help to reduce my symptoms? I have been told by doctors that i have mild MS and I shouldnt worry to much about it. However it has become progressively worse. From shakey hands to being very unbalanced. Please help

Add categories

Browse categories and add by clicking on them

You can remove current categories below by clicking the ‘x’.

There are no categories assigned yet.

GMG
6 years ago

Vitamin D (D3)! Ask your GP to test your VitD levels and then get some tablets. Prof G (you’ll find a link to his blog on this site – he’s leading research neurologist in MS) recommends 5,000 IUs a day. There’s been loads of research linking low vitD levels with MS.

GMG
6 years ago

It may not reduce your symptoms but it will help with overall well being!

Gav
6 years ago

On the subject of nutrient supplements, Omega 3&6 fatty acids have also been highlighted as importamt, you can pick some up from Amazon.

It should be pointed out as well, that MS had peaks and it has troughs, and just because something is a bit worse at the moment does not mean it will stay bad.

matt2588
6 years ago

Thanks for the advice guys 🙂 Will go to my GP this week to check my VitD levels and also check the research Prof G has done. At the moment I am already taking Omega 3 capsules but I will purchase the Omega 3&6 Capsules. Thanks again, Matt

aapsays
6 years ago

I take vitamin D! and omega 3!

matt2588
6 years ago

Hey, do you find it helps?

T
6 years ago

Folic acid is also meant to be good for the immune system… or so my mum keeps telling me but then it may just be a devious ploy to get me to eat brussel sprouts, cabbage and all the other things i’ve avoided since i was a kid!

SammyMags
6 years ago

I’m recently diagnosed and new to this site. I found a book called ‘Overcoming Multiple Sclerosis-An Evidence-Based Guide to Recovery’ by Professor George Jelinek (check Amazon) very helpful, it is extremely positive and gives lots of advice on food supplements and Nutrition in relation to MS.

CClaire
6 years ago

I was just about to recommend the book that Sammy has just mentioned. There is lots of medical stuff, you can get away with reading the chaoter summaries though. The best thing is that it’s written by a doctor (A&E consultant) who has the bloody thing, and it’s easier to take advice from somebody who has the bloody thing, isn’t it? It also talks about the importance of chilling your beans, so try to do what your neurologist says and relax, you will only make things worse when you get stressed.

mschronic
6 years ago

Vitamin D and Omega- I dunno how or why but I don’t feel as down as I usually did

jso104
6 years ago

Vit D3. 5000 IU’s I got mine from Amazon as the doc cant prescribe that higher dose….It definitely helps!

matt2588
5 years ago

Thanks guys! Really appreciate your help! I have just ordered Vit D3 and the book called ‘Overcoming Multiple Sclerosis-An Evidence-Based Guide to Recovery’ 🙂

Post Comment

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.