ambika95 16/01/12
Last reply 6 years ago
Telling others

Hey!
I’ve been having some problems because I want to finally (after ages!) tell more than just my very good friends about my MS. I want to tell my whole class, together; except I don’t know how to bring it up without it being very strange, both for them and for me. Any advice?

Thanks. xx

Add categories

Browse categories and add by clicking on them

You can remove current categories below by clicking the ‘x’.

There are no categories assigned yet.

Gav
6 years ago

Like everyones MS, the way you tell people about your own experiences is different for everyone. I’m quite jovial about it all with most people, but theres one group of friends that I only get to see from time to time that I just find discudding my MS with just, well just arwkward, and it shouldn’t be. You just need to be yourself, yiur MS is part of you, but that doesn’t mean it defines you 😉

DJDsouza
6 years ago

Well said Gav

GMG
6 years ago

I always think knowledge is the best thing – so make sure you can explain clearly what MS actually is and how it affects your day-to-day life. They should hopefully be understanding! Good luck!

Cariad
6 years ago

I think the comments above sum it all up. Definitely agree that explaining it all is vital-in my experience, everyone has heard of MS but actually, very few people know what it actually involves etc. Before I was diagnosed I had heard of MS but when I got diagnosed, I realised how little I acutally knew. x

ambika95
6 years ago

Thanks a lot all of you. This was very helpful. I think I’ll keep the whole thing as more of a knowledge sharing session than anything else because not many people in India actually know anything about MS and it’s very important that they know. Plus, I think I’ll take questions if there are any. Thanks again! 🙂 x

T
6 years ago

Ditto the above comments. Best is for it to be an information-sharing exercise as that can only but help people to understand. When I told my work colleagues I got them all together and explained what had been happening with me but then pointed them in the direction of various resources so that they could learn more about MS. It definitely helped! Good luck and let us know how you get on. PS. Attitude is everything, in my opinion. If you’re positive and open then people will treat you much better than if you’re negative about things. It’s just the way life is!

Post Comment

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.