Last reply 6 years ago
Modafinil

Saw ms nurse today and she recommended these tablets to help with fatigue, just wondering if anyone else has had them and what there experiences were like?

Add categories

Browse categories and add by clicking on them

You can remove current categories below by clicking the ‘x’.

There are no categories assigned yet.

helme360
6 years ago

No-ones commented! hasn’t anyone been recommended these. It was the MS nurse that told me about them. She said it’s commonly offered for fatigue management.

Gremily
6 years ago

I have tried Modafanil

Gremily
6 years ago

I was prescribed it primarily for my poor cognitive function and fatigue in Dec 2010. It was fantastic for both but it is now only available on a named patient basis since they discovered that there is a risk of it causing a problem with your heart valves. It is still available for people with Narcolepsy, which is what it was first prescribed for I think. I have got some Modafanil left and I use it only occasionally, I didnt fancy the risks but my neurologist did say he would be prepared to give it on a named patient basis. Hope this helps

ankasofa
6 years ago

I’ve just come off them. They work wonders on fatigue-even though I had felt tired couldn’t close my eyes and fall asleep. Had to stop taking them as developed horrible headaches and depression. Hope they’ll work for you.x

helme360
6 years ago

I was offered them from the MS nurse though, she’s sending a letter of reference to the GP. Hows that going to work when if it’s prescribed from the neuro? confused much!

ankasofa
6 years ago

You need to ask your GP for a repeat prescription. You will probably need to have your blood pressure checked regularly(I had every week).

ankasofa
6 years ago

You need to ask your GP for a repeat prescription. You will probably need to have your blood pressure checked regularly(I had every week).

Post Comment

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.