Last reply 6 years ago
Jc virus

Hey, has anyone tested positive for this and still had tysabri?? It’s scared me at the risk of death as i tested positive and don’t think I want tysabri or at least even try it, it’s my life iam risking……. Thorts plz………xx

Add categories

Browse categories and add by clicking on them

You can remove current categories below by clicking the ‘x’.

There are no categories assigned yet.

Gav
6 years ago

I was fortunate enough to test negative, but I’d decided that even if I was positive, I would have gone on Tysabri, but then I have had it fairly rough with the number and severity of relapses. The risk of developing PML for the first two years is fairly minimal and they know what they’re looking for now with PML, BUT you should go with whatever you’re most comfortable with. Talk to your MS nurse about your fears, she will be able to answer any questions you may have.

If you want to chat, feel free to message me, good luck with making your decision =)

IANG
6 years ago

HI ABBY I GOT TESTED FOR THE JC VIRUS AND IT COME BACK POSITIVE . I AM STILL TAKING TYSABRI BECAUSE IT IS WORKING FOR ME . I WAS HAVING RELAPSES EVERY SIX MONTHS TOO A YEAR .SINCE I HAVE BEEN ON TYSABRI I HAVE HAD NONE FOR COMING UP TO THREE YEARS . OK ENOUGH FROM ME TAKE CARE AND I WISH YOU WELL …..IAN G X.

missfi
6 years ago

hiya..sorry for being a bit dumb but what is the jc virus and tysabri please as i have never heard of this

Gav
6 years ago

Tysabri is the most powerful licensed drug therapy at the moment for MS. The JC virus is a normally dormant virus that many people have, but because of the way Tysabri works if someone is positive with the JC virus this may lead to serious complications like a condition referred to as PML. It should be norted that just because someone is positive with the JC virus does not mean they will get PML, it just increases the chances of it developing.

beki
6 years ago

This vid might help explain more: https://shift.ms/magazine/2011/10/pml-explained/

missfi
6 years ago

Thanks Guys for replying

Post Comment

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.