k*s 04/10/11
Last reply 6 years ago
Insomnia?!

Hey!
I was just wondering if insomnia was a problem for any other MSers?! x

Add categories

Browse categories and add by clicking on them

You can remove current categories below by clicking the ‘x’.

There are no categories assigned yet.

smallbrowngirl
6 years ago

Insomnia no
Anxiety yes
which keeps me up till very early hours

tararo
6 years ago

I had insomnia for a few months after diagnosis and seeing all sorts of doctors every week – so I’m guessing it was stress related…

helenf
6 years ago

Hey, there are times when i find it really hard to get off to sleep, get into bed and i’m wide awake for ages!! Think its more to do with the many different tablets i take than a sympton of the MS – for me anyway

sara123
6 years ago

hi hun,I only got diagnosed with MS march this year but have had MS for about 4 years now.Ive always had problems with sleep for about 4 years too,its horrible!il have a couple of weeks of drifting off to sleep easily and then had weeks of not being able to sleep at all even if Im shattered and not stressed at all.I had relapse recently with extreme hand pain and my neurologist started me on amtriptyline for neurological pain but its really helped with my sleep aswell I can drift off pretty easily now so been great benefit to me and wake up in a better mood.Insomnia was a big problem to me for years I tried everything winding down at bedtime,bath etc herbal sleeping pills and nothing worked.Personally I def think its MS related and a symptom of MS but just dont know. I think u should spk to your MS nurse about this they maybe able to help.wish you all the best,xx sara

sara123
6 years ago

hi hun,I only got diagnosed with MS march this year but have had MS for about 4 years now.Ive always had problems with sleep for about 4 years too,its horrible!il have a couple of weeks of drifting off to sleep easily and then had weeks of not being able to sleep at all even if Im shattered and not stressed at all.I had relapse recently with extreme hand pain and my neurologist started me on amtriptyline for neurological pain but its really helped with my sleep aswell I can drift off pretty easily now so been great benefit to me and wake up in a better mood.Insomnia was a big problem to me for years I tried everything winding down at bedtime,bath etc herbal sleeping pills and nothing worked.Personally I def think its MS related and a symptom of MS but just dont know. I think u should spk to your MS nurse about this they maybe able to help.wish you all the best,xx sara

sara123
6 years ago

ah,dont know y sent 3x??!! lol, damn the submit button! lol xx

Just_Kier
6 years ago

Uhmm, Im not sure, but I do have it too.. Can be up to the last hour then feel like sleeping. I dunno. I can’t really answer that question, sorry.. Guess it’s one of those each to their own thing really..

Kieran

melanieellis
6 years ago

Is this a symptom of MS? I didn’t know. I have had difficulty with my sleeping (which never used tobe a problem) for the last 5 weeks or so but I put it down to major building work in my home. But it could be one of those minor but irritating things about MS. I am kept up at least once a night to go to the loo but I’m used to that. My MS nurse tells me this is not good and I have volunteered for a study into contience with UCH. I have been advised to download a relaxation script form Mindgym.com.

Post Comment

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.