vanessa 16/03/12
Last reply 5 years ago
Infections

Hi All! I seem to have my 1 millionth urine infection and as a result my legs feel awful! Is this bringing on a relapse or simply the infection flaring things up? Not happy!

Add categories

Browse categories and add by clicking on them

You can remove current categories below by clicking the ‘x’.

There are no categories assigned yet.

Gav
5 years ago

It is the unfortunate course of life with MS, infections will bring around relapse like symptoms but it is not a relapse, so hooray for that I guess 🙂

vanessa
5 years ago

Thanks Gav! It does get very tedious but at least not a relapse – hooray! : )

stumbler
5 years ago

Urine infections knock me off my feet, literally.
I take Cranberry juice as a preventative measure – not sure if it works or not…..

DJDsouza
5 years ago

Definitely Cranberry juice and also Actimel according to my uro-neurologist may help.

vanessa
5 years ago

Thanks all! I’ll be turning into a cranberry soon at the rate I’m drinking! 🙂

stumbler
5 years ago

It’s an acquired taste, isn’t it?
🙂

Lillylilly
5 years ago

Wrote this post a few months ago on a similar topic-

My Copaxone nurse explained the reason MS sufferers get MS.She said that if you have spinal lesions, they block the brain from knowing when your bladder is fully empty or not. The bladder is usually acidic, but when pee is still in the bladder, it gets all warm and bacteria filled. That brings on the infection. She said cranberry juice makes the bladder all acidic again so to drink that.
I bloody hate the stuff, but have only (thankfully) had a month full of them, directly before diagnosis.

Montyclift
5 years ago

It can be a killer. I got septicaemia last year after a bladder infection which only has a 50 per cent survival rate. I’m still here, though. Phew.

Lillylilly
5 years ago

Oh my God, Monty. I never thought it could get that serious!

T
5 years ago

I’m not a medic but I’d guess that left untreated, most bacterial infections (of any type) can be dangerous, as they can spread to other areas. I’ve had recurrent bouts of skin infections (celullitis) before and have always been put on antibiotics straightaway because it can turn into blood poisoning if you don’t do anything :-O

Post Comment

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.