Last reply 6 years ago
Fatigue and flexible working

Abigail asked on Twitter “anyone know where I stand on flexible working with regards to my ms as get tired?” Can anyone help? Thanks peeps 🙂

Add categories

Browse categories and add by clicking on them

You can remove current categories below by clicking the ‘x’.

There are no categories assigned yet.

Cariad
6 years ago

Flexible working can be included as part of the ‘reasonable adaptions’ that your employer has to make to help you to continue working. This could be reduced hours/ days/ working from home options etc. However, obviously, the first step is talking to your manager, see how helpful they want to be and go from there. My management have been pretty good so I haven’t needed to get too formal and official about the legalities of helping me work alongside my MS-fingers crossed Abigail’s employer are just as supportive.x

abichick33
6 years ago

Thanks. Work are not great or rather my line manager. I work for the NHS too and I have worked for them years as a community nurse! I got told ‘ you are well at the mo so can finish later and have a longer lunch break’ that half an hour and extra traffic will have an impact on my fatigue though. Anyway I spoke to my union rep today and she said contact occupation health and they should write a letter for me because as you say it is a reasonable adjustment. I think I feel vulnerable sometimes which is hard. X

stumbler
6 years ago

Check out the MS Trust’s website for a brochure/leaflet covering this subject:-
http://www.mstrust.org.uk/shop/products.jsp?catid=46

abichick33
6 years ago

Thanks I will have a look x

joannebrophy
6 years ago

I work in the NHS too and have just returned to work. I am on phased return. I think they have to make reasonable adjustments to your work place your employer has an obligation to do this.

Post Comment

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.