6 years ago
Dating website suggestions

Hi, I’m just wondering if anyone can suggest a good dating website for people like us with MS. It seems to scare people off when you mention it but I guess I can understand that. Perhaps SHIFT MS could start up something ?

Add categories

Browse categories and add by clicking on them

You can remove current categories below by clicking the ‘x’.

There are no categories assigned yet.

Met my gorgeous fiancee on http://www.whispers4u.com/

Hi Johnnyboy,

I tried mysinglefriend.com a couple of years ago and met some great girls who liked how i looked but couldn’t deal with my MS and my walking sticks despite my chaismatic charm and positivity. At the end of day it’s their loss! The walking sticks, in my opinion, are a perfect vetting tool, yep maybe i should’ve mentioned my MS in the early email exchanges, but as i am not a judgemental person, I refuse to be prematurely judged without a chance to defend myself face to face. So interesting debates ensued and despite the lack of a positive outcome, I wouldn’t have wanted a relationship with any of the girls I met with out of principle. I refuse to judge people so naturally I hate being judged. A big two fingers to all gorgeous looking but shallow, narrow minded girls!

Ozi

Hi Johnnyboy, I met my current (and fabulous) boyfriend on ‘MatchAffinity’. I didn’t mention my ms on my profile, or by email, but then when we started talking over the phone I told him all about it. His reaction was fine, we met up, and things are going great. I don’t think it’s the first thing you should tell a person, because that could overshaddow them actually getting to know you rather than just the ms. I do think that if you’re going to go on a date using a stick, you should tell them before you meet. It may not be that the ms, or stick bothers them, it may just be that they think if you’ve not told them that, what else have you kept secret! Like Ozi77 said, it’s there loss if they don’t like you just because of that! Also, I have a lot of able bodied friends who do internet dating, they’ve had some good, bad, and very funny experiences, so it can be a bit of a numbers game regardless of the ms. Good luck hun, happy dating xx

Hi Johnnyboy, I met my current (and fabulous) boyfriend on ‘MatchAffinity’. I didn’t mention my ms on my profile, or by email, but then when we started talking over the phone I told him all about it. His reaction was fine, we met up, and things are going great. I don’t think it’s the first thing you should tell a person, because that could overshaddow them actually getting to know you rather than just the ms. I do think that if you’re going to go on a date using a stick, you should tell them before you meet. It may not be that the ms, or stick bothers them, it may just be that they think if you’ve not told them that, what else have you kept secret! Like Ozi77 said, it’s there loss if they don’t like you just because of that! Also, I have a lot of able bodied friends who do internet dating, they’ve had some good, bad, and very funny experiences, so it can be a bit of a numbers game regardless of the ms. Good luck hun, happy dating xx

Hi Johnny,
Before 2009 I used to do interent dating, no probs, MS was hidden. I know it’s one of those conversations you have to have with someone at some point, but ‘I have a neurological condition’ isn’t a good opener!
Had a blip in 2009. Was emailing man who seemed really nice, had date sorted, but couldn’t actually get out of the house. How unfortunate to have a bloody relapse when hot date is lined up! Had to tell truth. bingo, never heard from him again. Have I even bothered emailing anyone since? Nope!
Cathy and I had a girlish chat about it, and I know she’s right. so why can’t I just go for it?!

Hi Johnny,
Before 2009 I used to do interent dating, no probs, MS was hidden. I know it’s one of those conversations you have to have with someone at some point, but ‘I have a neurological condition’ isn’t a good opener!
Had a blip in 2009. Was emailing man who seemed really nice, had date sorted, but couldn’t actually get out of the house. How unfortunate to have a bloody relapse when hot date is lined up! Had to tell truth. bingo, never heard from him again. Have I even bothered emailing anyone since? Nope!
Cathy and I had a girlish chat about it, and I know she’s right. so why can’t I just go for it?!

Hi Johnny,

I understand about the problem with the ‘submit’ button now!

haha glad the submit button problem wasn’t just me Claire 😀
You know what Claire and Johnny, I think now is the best time of the year to get online and set some dates up, from both mine and friends experiences, people are much more interested in meeting someone over the winter months – maybe it’s having someone at Christmas or New Year, or the thought of cuddling up when it’s cold outside, what ever it is, it’s worth giving it a go 😉 xx

No one has to know in the preliminary stages of dating. Your MS should be on a need-to-know basis with others! Too many people are uneducated about MS and will be quick to judge for things that have no basis.

Post Comment

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.