Last reply 6 years ago
Am i weird????

Ok, so I’m wondering if there are other people out there who experience numbness and tingling in their arms and not legs. Everyone i speak to has problems with their legs but not so much their arms. Me on the other hand have a tough time with my arms!! Is anyone else the same????

Add categories

Browse categories and add by clicking on them

You can remove current categories below by clicking the ‘x’.

There are no categories assigned yet.

GMG
6 years ago

Hi Lu’s – You’re not weird at all – I’ve heard other people say they have tingling/numbness in their hands and arms too. At the end of the day, your symptoms will correspond to whereabouts in the CNS the lesions are appearing so there is no rule that says tingling can affect legs only and not arms! :o) I also get tingling in my arms and hands but haven’t worked out yet if that’s just poor circulation!?

T
6 years ago

Hi Lu’s,

One of my relapse was actually pins & needles/tingling down my right arm. It still remains in my hand over three years later and varies as to how noticeable it is. I’ve just learnt to ignore it.. it’s there in the background gently “reminding” me!

Cariad
6 years ago

Nope, you’re not wierd at all…I do suffer more with my legs but my arms regularly get the ‘numb and tingly’ feeling which ranges from uncomfortable to really painful. It often feels like someone has used my arms in a game of tug of war lol. That’s the best that I can describe it anyway:)

Lus
6 years ago

Thanks for the comments guys, thought i was just a weird one! I had it treated as a relapse a few months ago but it just hasn’t gone away! Its one very strange disease!!

jrmcg1
6 years ago

I’m pretty weird and I get this too…so yes, maybe we are weird together? Ohhhhhhhhhh yeah!

So after a long day, or a quick walk, I will get this tingling pins/needles feeling in my legs and arms too. It gets worse as the day goes on, I think it’s related to feeling tired or something….ie, i never wake up with tingling. Usually just after doing some exertion.

I think all this stuff is just a normal part of MS. Don’t just “live with it” though! Talk to your doctor maybe that have some ideas that can help 🙂

DjBlack
6 years ago

Hey Lu,

I’ve had the tingling in my left hand (pinky finger), right leg, arm and RHS of my face for months now … it’s normal for me (not that it’s normal to start with lol). It comes and goes but I guess I’ve had it for that long I’ve learnt to manage with it. As Cariad mentioned it can get so numb it hurts strangely enough.

mattymohawk
6 years ago

hello.if you are wierd then i am to 😀 since diagnosed in september (only second episode) my right arm feels like its on fire,worse when tired & i have no sensation of temperature in it,which i noticed when i checked the shower in hospital then stepped in & it was freezing :O

Lus
6 years ago

Thanks sooo much for all the feedback. Its good to know that im not weird, or if i am, there’s other people out there like me!! It such a nuisance when there’s not much to do to fix it!

Lus
6 years ago

Thanks sooo much for all the feedback. Its good to know that im not weird, or if i am, there’s other people out there like me!! It such a nuisance when there’s not much to do to fix it!

Mawson
6 years ago

Hi, first main relapse pins and needles in srms and legs. Now mainly legs but have it pretty constant in hand, but very mild so tend to forget about it. We’re not weired the MS is 🙂

carolyn
6 years ago

My lesion is in my neck and when I was ill, my left hand had pins and needles, it went a bit numb so I couldn’t write properly, couldn’t hold pens or combs etc

DjBlack
6 years ago

It is pretty crazy though to try and work out when/if you are having a relapse. Because everything seems to be constant and paranoia doesn’t help either because it seems nearly everything under the sun can be related back to MS somehow lol. You’ll be right, seems like a pretty good bunch of people on here and we are all in the same boat lol, so always here to listen.

Join Shift.ms to reply to this post.

Become part of the community so you can chat, compare and learn from other MSers.