joolzmac 13/03/17
Last reply 11 months ago
403 forbidden

Hi I keep getting the message 403 forbidden any techies out there can help ? It’s iPhone 6 I’m using Julie x

Add categories

Browse categories and add by clicking on them

You can remove current categories below by clicking the ‘x’.

There are no categories assigned yet.

gates1989
11 months ago

I also get this, I’m using iPhone 5c but my iPad gets it too

joolzmac
11 months ago

Must be an iPhone thing very annoying x

molly89
11 months ago

I get it on my desktop sometimes!

jenny4hughes
11 months ago

It’s not us it’s the site. This happens to me all the TE and the site can be gone for the day both on my android phone and computer. I messaged shift MS on their Facebook and this was their reply……
“Hi Jenny, so sorry you’ve been having problems. Unfortunately we’re having a few issues which is related to the 403 message. The developers have been working on it and are still doing so, we hope for a resolution soon. Please bear with us. Thanks for your feedback too, it means a lot to know you find it a good support. Best wishes, Sarah”

Anonymous
11 months ago

it’s this site, not you, there’s an error which flags up the 403 error, an easy way round it is to turn off your wifi & look at it on 3G / 4G.

I used to have to clear all cookies, reboot the browser, open it in private browsing, while running through a non European VPN to get back in.
However they are aware of the issue & are looking into it & personally it’s happening to me less & less, so they’re probably getting closer to solving it.

I’m really not as nerdy as all that made me sound 🙂

sarahshift
11 months ago

Hi all,

We are aware of the 403 error and apologise for any inconvenience it is causing.

It’s an issue with one of the security measures on the site conflicting with the core code. This means that random IP address are blacklisted causing members to not get access to the site and get the 403 message.

We are working through this issue with our Dev support team and will endeavor to find a solution ASAP – We’ll keep you posted.

In the mean time, thanks for your patience – we realise it’s very annoying.

Thanks
Sarah

jenny4hughes
11 months ago

Thanks Sarah 🙂

red-suzuki
11 months ago

Thanks Sarah & The Dev Support Team…have been getting this a lot lately….tried to look into it, but haven’t got the Tog1 nouse to deal with it 😉

doubleo7hud
11 months ago

He he I thought id been blacklisted I use one of them VPN jobbys as long as it’s not in uk I’m ok

joolzmac
11 months ago

Smashing at least I know it’s not me x

sarahshift
11 months ago

Howdy @doubleo7hud @joolzmac @red-suzuki @jenny4hughes @tog1 @molly89 @gates1989

We’re still working on the 403 issue but as a temporary measure could you let me know your IP addresses. We can add them to a white list and stop you from being blocked from using the site.

Please email it to me [email protected] or send me a private message.

To find your IP address, open Google, type “what’s my IP address” and it should come up.

We’ll get a solution soon – promise!

Cheers, Sarah

joolzmac
11 months ago

Thanks Sarah x

Post Comment

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.