Last reply 6 years ago
3 months in and it’s getting hot & sticky

Hello all, we’re about half the way through our six month around the world trip. It’s all been incredible. Highlights so far: India, Japan, scuba diving in Indonesia, campervanning in new Zealand. Just arrived in south America – hot, hot, hot! Currently in central argentina where it’s hot…

Add categories

Browse categories and add by clicking on them

You can remove current categories below by clicking the ‘x’.

There are no categories assigned yet.

gpeps
6 years ago

…but dry. Heading to buenos aires tonight where apparently it’s hot but v.v.humid. I’m a little terrified. Would love to know how other people cope with humidity.

We have almost three months in south America so really keen to hear ideas of where we should be going, what we should be doing.

George x

Gem
6 years ago

Hey George! I am not at all jealous of the trip!! Hope you’re having a great time! Can’t comment on the heat really. Not experienced it too much myself. But if anyone has any tips, gratefully received as we’re off to Thailand in feb so might be in need of the advice! x

gpeps
6 years ago

Hey gem, I know, we’re so lucky. I feel gloating about it, but it’s been so great. If I don’t speak to you before, have an ace time in Thailand x

glynjamyn
6 years ago

When I was living in Montpellier, the humidity was a real drain. I found that although it’s core body heat that affects us, because it was my legs that gave way in it, keeping my feet as cool as poss helped. So two-three times daily soaking my feet & ankles in collllllllld water often brought me back to something resembling my normality. That and cold wet T-shirts, cold wet flannels on the head, etc etc, and drink PLENTY of COLD water!…
Good luck dealing with the heat & humidity, you lucky travellers, and hope you all have fantastic times in S America & Thailand!!

ambika95
6 years ago

I find that wearing a wet wrist band also helps a lot. Also, drink a lot of water. Hope you are able to deal with the heat and hate a great time!! xx

ambika95
6 years ago

*have. Ooops.. sorry 😉

munchies
6 years ago

I’m planning on going to Australia next year to visit family and I was going to ask if anybody had advice on coping with the heat over there. Going in March though so it won’t be as hot as you’re encountering though. Enjoy

Join Shift.ms to reply to this post.

Become part of the community so you can chat, compare and learn from other MSers.