Last reply 1 month ago
🎉Manipulating Mindset -‘I think therefor

I found this really interesting, inspiring ted talk on mindset.

Our mindset and mental wellbeing is a crucial part of the MS merryground. –

But who knew they could be manipulated so easily, both positively and negatively?! Watch this and you will see that they can 🎉

I’ve been telling myself how well I feel (when I feel like cat vomit) and how much stronger I am, since watching this, and by golly it’s working!

(….I’m only half an hour in mind, but even a half hour improvement: is worth its weight in feathers these days🎉)

So I thought I’d share – it’s not all about your body y’know…

Add categories

Browse categories and add by clicking on them

You can remove current categories below by clicking the ‘x’.

annie13
1 month ago

@mermaidia11 thanks for posting that. It’s really interesting. I totally believe in the power of positive thought. Some days it’s easier than others though!

mermaidia11
1 month ago

@annie13
Thanks for replying ! I’m glad someone watched it!
It’s more about changing your mindset and totally reframing reality than just plain ole positive thinking –

I know lectures about that are tedious and it’s never a good idea to advocate, especially when someone is in a bad place?

This, however did help me, probably because it was an intelligent, evidence based discussion.

I hope you are well Chick
Thanks🌈

cameron
1 month ago

Very interesting and it perfectly complements what Dr Michael Mosley explained on the recent TV programme about the placebo effect – basically that the brain is capable of producing its own painkillers and reducing many symptoms. It only works if the mind truly believes that the improvement will happen. I think this goes hand in hand with trust in the medical team. Certainly for me, the fact that I do trust the people looking after me is super-important. I sometimes wonder if the copaxone I was on for many years would have worked so well if I’d not changed hospitals.

Join Shift.ms to reply to this post.

Become part of the community so you can chat, compare and learn from other MSers.