I have been waiting for progress but, unsurprisingly, it is slow going. I have had MS symptoms getting on for 5 years before doctors referred me to a neurologist this time last year. I had my first MRI in February and was diagnosed with RRMS in March and the neuro has taken my first set of symptoms 5 years ago as my first relapse. At the point of diagnosis I was told I wouldn't be eligible for treatment because the neuro wouldn't accept any of my symptoms within those 5 years as relapses which does my head in (quite literally!) I pushed to get a second MRI scan to show if it was active or not which I eventually did get last month, I got the results back this week and it shows that there have been new lesions within that 6 months and I, therefore, would be eligible for treatment. Very glad I pushed so hard to get a second scan! Anyway, when he made the referral to get the most recent MRI scan we talked about treatment options if it did show it was active and I chose Tecfidera. I have looked through all the MS Society and MS Trust stuff, and I have a friend who has been very kindly coming with me to appointments so hopefully she will be able to come with me for this, too. I am now waiting for an appointment with the MS nurses to go and discuss it more and make a decision, what is everyone else's experience of going in to talk about treatment options? Any advice?
Thanks in advance for all your help!